PDA

View Full Version : TC8000 quickly copy M/E

JonRaidel
02-28-2018, 10:55 AM
not sure if this exists on TC8000 yet or not. I do know it exists on VMC.

Can I have an effect setup in M/E 1 and copy it directly to M/E 2?

Id imagine this on the CS Surface by holding down M/E Delegate 1 and then pressing M/E Delegate 2.

dan1066
02-28-2018, 12:04 PM
I know you can, and I do regularly, save something into an eMem, export and then re-import. It does not take too long to do but is not as quick as a copy paste function like you suggest above.

JonRaidel
02-28-2018, 01:04 PM
I actually do this now, but with macros loading the MEM into each M/E, it works okay. I want something if i build on the fly, i dont need to think about.

jcupp
02-28-2018, 03:41 PM
In Advanced Edition you can use the PreViz for this. Copy to PreViz then from PreViz to second M/E. Two mouse clicks.

kanep
02-28-2018, 04:08 PM
You can do this using the PREVIZ feature.

1. Go to the M/E you want to copy. Click the 'PREVIZ' button just above the t-bar (do not click on the image of the clipboard next to PREVIZ).
2. This M/E's settings will now be copied into PREVIZ and the PREVIZ tab will now be selected.
3. Now go to the M/E you want to copy to and click on the clipboard icon next to PREVIZ. What is currently in PREVIZ is now copied into this M/E.

The PREVIZ feature if found in Advanced Edition 2, TC1 and VMC1.

(Jeff beat me to it!)

JonRaidel
02-28-2018, 04:31 PM
can you build in previz using the CS Panel?

JonRaidel
03-01-2018, 10:53 AM
I figured this out on the TC8000 using macros.

I made macro 'COPY: M/E1' with only one line of code. [Shortcut] v1_copy_to_previz
This macro is triggered using MACRO + Liveshot keypad 1

a second macro 'LOAD: M/E2' with two lines of code [Shortcut] v2_load_from_previz
[Shortcut] v2_set_mix_effect_bin_index [value] 1
This macro is triggered using MACRO + M/E Delegate keypad 2

So I took two keypads with 1-8 to associate M/E 1-8. I copy the M/E desired using the Liveshot Keypad and load using the M/E Delegate keypad. no mouse clicks.

This should just be a function of the CS panel IMHO.

kanep
03-01-2018, 02:36 PM
On the 2 Stripe and 4 Stripe control surfaces with VMC1 or TC1 PreViz can be selected on a row and there are buttons to send and copy from PreViz.

Also the TC1 Large Panel has a PreViz and send/copy buttons as well, the Small Panel does have a PreViz button for the stripe, but not Send or Copy functions.