PDA

View Full Version : LW 2018 Volumetrics Presets?

ckeyes
02-24-2018, 06:48 PM
Ok, I give up. I see a bunch of presets for VLights in my presets folder but canít find any way to
access them to apply to my volumetric lights.

Any help appreciated!

Thanks,

Carl

prometheus
02-25-2018, 05:21 AM
That is strange and odd, how come you have volumetric lights in a preset folder?
when they removed those lights, I do not see any volumetric lights preset in the 2018 folder, you must have mixed something up with the old content, for 2018, there is no such thing as volumetric light presets as I am aware off...that was a thing of the earlier lightwave versions.

Volumetric lights with texturing in sprite mode is one of those features I want back, or added additionally...regardless of the new volumetric global scattering, but 2018...it has removed all those volumetric light presets.

ckeyes
02-25-2018, 07:43 AM
That is strange and odd, how come you have volumetric lights in a preset folder?
when they removed those lights, I do not see any volumetric lights preset in the 2018 folder, you must have mixed something up with the old content, for 2018, there is no such thing as volumetric light presets as I am aware off...that was a thing of the earlier lightwave versions.

Volumetric lights with texturing in sprite mode is one of those features I want back, or added additionally...regardless of the new volumetric global scattering, but 2018...it has removed all those volumetric light presets.

Aha, yes I did have a 2015 version installed. Hoping I can still run it and use the presets. What sense did it make to get rid of them?!

prometheus
02-25-2018, 03:51 PM
Aha, yes I did have a 2015 version installed. Hoping I can still run it and use the presets. What sense did it make to get rid of them?!

of course you can still run the volumetric light presets, with 2015 that is.

for 2018, well..yeah, the new scattering global mode is nice, except for the distant light isnīt working with it, and for some vfx effects and thrusters lazers, removal of those is simply loosing out on creating certain effects, while the global approach is gaining some other effects, to bad we cant have some kind of additional volumetric light working more like the old ones.