PDA

View Full Version : Saving gui panels in Layout possible ?

madno
02-24-2018, 01:54 AM
Hi,

is there a way to tell Layout (2018) to save the panels layout (remeber which panels are open and their size and position)?
As it is now I have to rearange everything each time I open the software.

madno
02-25-2018, 03:44 AM
Just learned, it saves the position of the panels but not whether they are on or off.

samurai_x
02-26-2018, 09:55 PM
Switching between sessions from lw 11 and lw 2018 while doing the archiviz challenge thread, I think the "new" lw 2018 panels for rendering, lights, camera settings is just so messy again like the pre lw 10 era.
Maybe they assume everyone has dual monitors or don't use laptops with lightwave thats why they split the tabs again. Very bad UIX imho for non dual monitor users.

Sensei
02-27-2018, 05:56 AM
I lost panels positions in LW 2018.x several times, after serious crashes.
Wrote bug report about it, with information how it can be avoided (e.g. rename-technique).
But they closed it immediately with info that backup of configs is done using rename-technique already..

jwiede
02-27-2018, 01:57 PM
I lost panels positions in LW 2018.x several times, after serious crashes.
Wrote bug report about it, with information how it can be avoided (e.g. rename-technique).
But they closed it immediately with info that backup of configs is done using rename-technique already..

Odd that the manual approach works, and theirs does not. Oh well, as long as the bug gets closed, right? :devil:

Sensei
02-27-2018, 02:05 PM
Odd that the manual approach works, and theirs does not. Oh well, as long as the bug gets closed, right? :devil:

Maybe I was not detail-full in description how it should be correctly implemented.....