PDA

View Full Version : vtoaster.sys where to find it?

LawnDart
12-24-2003, 02:16 PM
Hi all,

I'm new here so forgive me if this is the wrong place to post.

I have a VT2. I just got the install disk for XP from Newtek. I installed but am getting a runtime error when I try to launch.

So.. I looked in the device manager and sure enough there is a yellow exclamation point under "Newtek Video Toaster Draiver>Multimedia Controller

Now I'm trying to install a driver for it. It is asking me for vtoaster.sys located on the Driver Disk 1. HUH?

I've looked at all my CD's but can't find a vtaoster.sys file anywhere.

Can someone tell me where to get this file?

Once I find the file I can continue this saga. :)

Thanks,

Joe

LawnDart
12-24-2003, 02:29 PM
Never mind. I found it in WinXP\System32\Drivers

Thanks,

Joe

ted
12-24-2003, 04:08 PM
Man LawnDart, you're fast!!!
Next Question...:p

SBowie
12-24-2003, 06:38 PM
I wonder how many out there are still running VT[2] in preference to [3], and why? Is it just ... shall we say ... thriftiness? Or nervousness about the capability of an older host system?

Jim Capillo
12-24-2003, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by SBowie
Or nervousness about the capability of an older host system?

I must admit I was initially worried about having enough "oomph" for [3] on my first system, a single 1.7 P4 with IDE drives. Force Render and Render Project became my friends - doing :30's meant real time wasn't as important as the advantage of the new features was. No one noticed that the background rendering was taking place, but they now notice that the go light comes on almost instantly , mainly because I point it out to everyone !!!!!

LawnDart
12-24-2003, 09:58 PM
For me it's it's a learning thing. I've had VT2 for a year and am now just getting into it. I need to learn it.

I've got a dual 2 gig system with 2 gigs of ram so that shouldn't be a problem (I would expect).

Is there THAT big a difference between 2 and 3?

I appreciate the feedback and glad I got on the forums here.

All the best,

Joe

Jim Capillo
12-25-2003, 03:10 AM
Originally posted by LawnDart
Is there THAT big a difference between 2 and 3?

Yes :D :)

SBowie
12-25-2003, 06:49 AM
Yes, there is a huge difference -- I'd suggest just jumping right into T[3]. Otherwise, there are enough changes between versions to mean that you will have to "unlearn" some stuff when you do eventually move up. I can't see a good reason to bother, honestly.