PDA

View Full Version : GPU Not Supported

DeRailHale
02-18-2018, 05:18 PM
Error Message:

"Error Running Video Monitor"

"You GPU cannot run video monitor
OpenGL shaders not supported"

What does this mean and what can I do about it. The VLC does not show the NDI option for output under Preferences because the NDI studio does not open.

Do I need a different monitor or is it the processor in the PC?
Thanks for any help,
DeRailHale

kanep
02-19-2018, 07:01 PM
Sounds like the graphics card in your computer. What model graphics card do you have? I'd also try updating your graphics card drivers.

DeRailHale
02-20-2018, 07:17 PM
Kane: I'm running an HP Compaq dc5800 with Windows10 Home 32 bit,Intel Q33 Express Chipset, Intel 82566DM-2 Gigabit Network Connection. This computer runs my "Emblaser" Laser cutter, M3D FDM Printer and the Cricut knife cutter.
I would like to share some of this work on the shows I do about model making.
Thanks for any help,
DeRailHale
YouTube - "ModelRailroading University"

DeRailHale
02-20-2018, 07:39 PM
Kane:
I updated everything I could find and the "Intel Driver & Support Assistant" came back saying everything is at the latest update.
DeRailHale

kanep
02-20-2018, 08:53 PM
That's a very old graphics chip (last driver update was about 9 years ago). I would just have to guess that it is missing the features needed for this application to work. Since the computer has card slots, install a new graphics card (I'd recommend an nVidia card myself), it probably doesn't even have to be a very high end card to have something much more powerful than is currently in the system.