PDA

View Full Version : Invert subtract boolean

mikkelen
02-17-2018, 09:41 AM
Is there a feature or plugin in Lightwave modeller to invert-subtract? As an example, draw a box in a bg-layer and after a boolean command, only keep the areas inside the box in the fg layer?

Andy Webb
02-17-2018, 09:54 AM
Yes it's called "Intersect", Shift + b to bring up the Boolean panel and chose Intersect and that, if I understand you correctly, will give you what you want.

Sensei
02-17-2018, 09:54 AM
Is there a feature or plugin in Lightwave modeller to invert-subtract? As an example, draw a box in a bg-layer and after a boolean command, only keep the areas inside the box in the fg layer?

Isn't such operation called intersect.. ?

Construct > Combine > Boolean > Intersect mode.

mikkelen
02-17-2018, 10:33 AM
Thank you, it's almost the same, but it seems to add some geometry from the background layer, and not just a clean cut and subtract.

KANUSO
02-19-2018, 12:40 AM
Hello mikkelen,

are you using LW 2018? If so, than please use the Feedback Agent to Report the boolean issue. I did so. Have a look at the thread "bug in 2018?" in the "LScript Scripting" forum, it seems that you have the same troubles with booleans than me. The strange faces also appear in building a complex polygon from an array of points with the "p" command, so it may be that the issue isn't in the booleans, may be it is in detection of forms.

http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?155950-Bug-in-2018

Regards,
KANUSO