PDA

View Full Version : how to animate this virus movement?

xhd2xhd
02-16-2018, 10:22 PM
Hi
Trying to create this virus movement(link at the bottom). Is there a way to do this by using expression? or any other plugins? I donít know too much about expression but I used wiggle expression in AE before and it was very quick and easy. Trying to see if there is anything similar in lightwave.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bes40C1HBr-/?taken-by=pondlife_pondlife

Thank you!

Sensei
02-17-2018, 02:00 AM
These are algae, not viruses..

Are you using LW 2015.3 or earlier, or LW 2018.x?

I would start from doing it in Motion/Displacement Node Editor, by adding random vector, each couple frames.
TrueArt's Node Library > Render Info node Time or Frame output plug to Mod node, then to Floor node, then to Random Vector Seed.
Generated random vector use as direction in which motion of item is modified.

MonroePoteet
02-17-2018, 09:32 AM
For general random motion, you could use the Noisy Channel modifier on each Position channel with a very small scale and a high frequency. The modifiers are found in the Modifiers tab of the Graph Editor (the "E" button). I've found for "natural" motion like this, the Noisy Channel is a little *too* noisy, but it might work in your case.

My general trick for this type of motion is a moving Turbulence procedural, or in this case a set of three using a Reference Object of MotionReferenceNull to have them move over time, controlling the speed of the jittering. Sample scene attached, which also uses Depth of Field (DOF) on the Camera to simulate the microscope.

The instances of the three models (a single algae, a duo and a foursome) are done with the Points of the AlgaeMotion_PointCloud object, which was modeled as a jittered level-3 tesselated sphere. The single algae has an Instancer weight of 60% and the others have a weight of 20% to fill in the MaxPoints on the cloud.

The point cloud object has a Displacement Map with three Turbulence procedurals, one on each axis (X,Y,Z) with a different small scale and a large number of Frequencies. They all three use a MotionReferenceNull to move over time, which causes the jittering.

I then rotated each of the base models over time, and used a fourth Turbulence on the Time Scale of the Instancer to randomize the rotations over time of each instance.

Good luck!
mTp

xhd2xhd
02-17-2018, 08:17 PM
WOW!
Thank you so much MonroePoteet and Sensei. I am not an expert with node so this movingrefNull trick worked out perfectly for me!
I just had to recreate the scene the the scene to fully understand and I got it now!

Thanks agian!