PDA

View Full Version : LW 2018 Content Scenes

RPSchmidt
02-16-2018, 08:03 AM
So, the IT folks at my work "package" the installation of software for distribution on the network.

When they installed LW 2018, it doesn't appear to have a Content folder... like the example scenes and such that other fine folk here have been playing with.

Does the content install with Lightwave and they just left it out of the package, or is it separate and I need to download it from somewhere else?

raymondtrace
02-16-2018, 08:38 AM
Yes, separate download, available from your downloads web page.

https://www.lightwave3d.com/account/

RPSchmidt
02-16-2018, 08:48 AM
Awesome! Thanks! I just went to my download page and downloaded the content, instead of waiting for them to do it.

BeeVee
02-16-2018, 09:58 AM
There are also a few scenes included in the documentation, downloadable through the wiki.

B

jwiede
02-16-2018, 04:00 PM
There are also a few scenes included in the documentation, downloadable through the wiki.

Can those please be added to the content download as well? Doing so will help users keep the Newtek-provided LW2018 content better organized once installed, versus having 2018 content folder plus a bunch of separately packaged scenes (which might also eventually need updates, thus require individual versioning, updating, etc.).

BeeVee
02-16-2018, 05:03 PM
Hey John,
The scenes on the wiki are made almost in an ad hoc fashion - some should have been in the content and a bug was reported, others are to demonstrate a feature. I will look into getting them added, but it's also a way to get people to look at the documentation... ;)

B

jwiede
02-17-2018, 02:17 PM
Hey John,
The scenes on the wiki are made almost in an ad hoc fashion - some should have been in the content and a bug was reported, others are to demonstrate a feature. I will look into getting them added, but it's also a way to get people to look at the documentation... ;)

No worries, my main point was just that it makes tracking and acquiring updates easier if there's one place to get the lot of them. If you want to keep them on the wiki to increase viewership, that's fine, but could you add a single, versioned download for all of them there?