PDA

View Full Version : LW 2018 Discovery Mode - Render Screen Overlaying Transparency

RPSchmidt
02-15-2018, 02:21 PM
Having an issue with LW 2018, not sure what the problem is.

Waiting on my license key from IT, but needed to do some plugin and other testing while I waited.

All of my renders are coming out with a checkerboard background and transparency on the whole render, i.e., objects that should have zero transparency are semi-transparent and the backdrop color (black) is also semi-transparent.

Is that normal for Discovery mode?

MichaelT
02-15-2018, 03:14 PM
Is the trial expired? I have a vague memory of seeing something like that waay back when a trial expired.

Schwyhart
02-15-2018, 04:44 PM
A checkered pattern is normal for a rendered image in discovery mode. If you have a trial version, it will operate 100% like a purchased licensed version except it expires after 30 days.

RPSchmidt
02-16-2018, 07:55 AM
A checkered pattern is normal for a rendered image in discovery mode. If you have a trial version, it will operate 100% like a purchased licensed version except it expires after 30 days.

Ahhh! Thanks... I haven't ever used Lightwave in Discovery mode before :) I always just bought it, installed, licensed and off I went.