PDA

View Full Version : Entering WiFi Username?

lantia01
02-09-2018, 07:39 AM
Hello,

I have a Connect Spark SDI. I work at a large teaching hospital and we want to use the device over campus wifi but access onto the network requires to login using a username and password. The options on the configuration page only offer the option to change SSID name and a password but not a username. Am I missing something or this not an option for the Spark?

Any help is appreciated.

kanep
02-09-2018, 08:14 AM
WiFi itself doesn't have a username and password, just a security key to connect to the network. I'm assuming that username and password being asked for comes up in a browser window after you connect? Unless your network is using RADIUS?

Probably best to speak with your IT department to see what can be done. I can't imagine this would be the first time they have come across a device that needs special setup for their network.

lantia01
02-09-2018, 10:33 AM
WiFi itself doesn't have a username and password, just a security key to connect to the network. I'm assuming that username and password being asked for comes up in a browser window after you connect? Unless your network is using RADIUS?

Probably best to speak with your IT department to see what can be done. I can't imagine this would be the first time they have come across a device that needs special setup for their network.

Thank You. I will try that and get back to you.