PDA

View Full Version : Spark Distance ove WiFi ?

rbhaigh
01-31-2018, 06:57 AM
What the approx effective throw from a Spark to the TC1.....? Understanding that many external factors affect the distance

kanep
01-31-2018, 10:00 AM
This is dependent on your WiFI access point and environment more than anything, it would be difficult to give a distance because of the number of factors involved. Is this for indoor or outdoor use? If this is indoors, are there lots of obstructions to dampen the signal? Are there going to be lots of people at this location with wireless devices (smartphones)? Are there already other access points setup from other companies in this area, meaning that the wireless spectrum is already being used by others?

I'm not saying you send me these answers I can get you a value, but there are all things to be aware of that will affect the distance you will get.

If you have the WiFi already setup, the easiest way to test is use your phone and see if you get a signal from the location you plan to use the Spark.

rbhaigh
01-31-2018, 04:01 PM
I knew this wasn't gonna be an easy answer...sigh... :-) This is a new school being built. School Committee will meet in a room adjacent to the control room with a TC1.... a physical difference of perhaps 50 feet or less....and thru a glass door. At most perhaps 40 people with smart phones in use. can't address the WiFi access point info as that is out of our hands. I feel confident it will work, but many clients have asked what kinda distance we can expect with a Spark. Would it work outdoors in a Baseball park if the camera was behind the centerfield fence and the control room was in the press box? Lots of people/cell phones....outdoors.....