PDA

View Full Version : Did I miss something here, still no textures in opengl,t all things go nodal in surfa

prometheus
01-29-2018, 02:50 PM
well..we got these new shaders etc, but what on earth is going on with the issues of lightwave not being able to display nodal image map textures ...to be allowed to be displayed in opengl?
If that is the case, very annoying.

Snosrap
01-29-2018, 05:15 PM
They work for me.

Sensei
01-29-2018, 05:40 PM
Sometimes they do work, sometimes they don't work.

prometheus
01-29-2018, 05:47 PM
Sometimes they do work, sometimes they don't work.

Well..that is the standard material, inside of nodes...so that is no surprise, we do however need textures when using the new skin or principled shaders, and some others.

- - - Updated - - -

They work for me.

as in the above answer, and not with the new skin material etc?
Edit...sorry, it works with prinicpled BSDF, but what was really important was the new skin material.

Asticles
01-29-2018, 10:10 PM
Radeon?

DogBoy
01-30-2018, 01:06 AM
Skin is one of the few that doesn't. I think it has to do with the amount of colour inputs that have to be mixed.

prometheus
01-30-2018, 01:12 AM
Radeon?
Nvididia gtx 1080

gar26lw
01-30-2018, 01:44 AM
Well..that is the standard material, inside of nodes...so that is no surprise, we do however need textures when using the new skin or principled shaders, and some others.

why is that no surprise? the standard material should work and display textures. if it doesn't then its a problem and a bug.

prometheus
01-30-2018, 02:37 AM
why is that no surprise? the standard material should work and display textures. if it doesn't then its a problem and a bug.

I never said standard material doesn't work.
Standard material has always worked.
Outside of nodes. ..so a standard material inside of nodes is hardly a surprise that it works.

As mentioned. .skin is the one not working...While principle does. ..I was to hasty on that one.

I should have been more clear...and mention not just texturing in nodes alone...but various materials.

DogBoy
01-30-2018, 05:01 AM
As mentioned. .skin is the one not working...
So, to be clear. It isn't nodes in general being unable to display, it's just Skin and Image/Normal Samplers.
As I said, I suspect for the former it's the mixing of colour inputs. The latter is more of an issue IMO, as it makes working with them a bit of a pain. I've FRed both of these a month ago, so let's hope 2018.1 sees a fix.

gar26lw
01-30-2018, 05:40 AM
.so a standard material inside of nodes is hardly a surprise that it works.

As mentioned. .skin is the one not working...While principle does. ..I was to hasty on that one.

I should have been more clear...and mention not just texturing in nodes alone...but various materials.

oh i see, nah i think i just misunderstood. my mistake but it sure would be nice if it did work :)

sadkkf
01-30-2018, 06:45 AM
Radeon?

It works with my Radeon.

gar26lw
01-30-2018, 07:24 AM
So, to be clear. It isn't nodes in general being unable to display, it's just Skin and Image/Normal Samplers.
As I said, I suspect for the former it's the mixing of colour inputs. The latter is more of an issue IMO, as it makes working with them a bit of a pain. I've FRed both of these a month ago, so let's hope 2018.1 sees a fix.

thankyou

prometheus
01-30-2018, 10:19 AM
It works with my Radeon.

what works with Radeon? the new skin modifier? (not the old)
or if you mean principled BSDF and standard material? those work here.so that is of no difference VS nvidia GTX

prometheus
01-30-2018, 10:43 AM

I think I went on rampage prematurely when I tried the new skin material and nodes, with reference to that nodes in general in 2015, Was not capable of showing textures if it ran through the nodes as I am aware of, so a simple image map, fed directly to color input in the old surface node, it wouldnīt show that image texture in the openGL, so after the initial new skin test and not seeing the textures, I assumed wrong in that it would be the same for 2018, but as proven..that has changed, except for the new skin material that is.

DonJMyers
01-31-2018, 03:56 PM
Don't forget to update your drivers from NVIDIA or ATI.

prometheus
01-31-2018, 04:00 PM
Don't forget to update your drivers from NVIDIA or ATI.

yes..I know that, but thanks for the general advice, though that isnīt the issue here, only that certain materials like the new skin doesnīt work, node texturing and opengl display of it.