PDA

View Full Version : Newtek PTZ Camera Buffer?

lvsoule
01-27-2018, 03:59 PM
Running a PTZ camera as Cam#5 via NDI input. It is 100' Run via Cat5e into a 1Gigabit LAN Router.

When I go Live to that cam without Previewing it first it makes the presenter go into Fast Motion for about 1/4 to 1/2 second(If he is walking on the stage - this makes it looks like he just ran because it goes so fast). It's kind of like it buffered the last little bit of time and shows it in fast motion. Hard to explain, but nonetheless not ideal for production.

I have noticed that if you put the PTZ cam on the Preview first that the glitch does not occur. That is doable a lot of times, however not ideal all the time. I need to often jump to the audience reactions (Things like laughing, thinking, raising hands) or sometimes I need to cut to a safety shot. During these cases I do not have time to get the PTZ NDI cam to preview and then over to program. Reactions can sometimes be very short lived.

I thought originally it was because I had a basic Netgear Router, but I have now updated that to a Gigabit ASUS RT-AC3200. I also bought a Netgear Gigabit switch that I may try as well.

Can anyone explain what is going on and if there is a fix for this situation.

-Larry

SBowie
01-27-2018, 04:34 PM
Are both the camera firmware and TC fully up to date?

lvsoule
01-27-2018, 04:47 PM
Are both the camera firmware and TC fully up to date?

Yes I believe so. We did a firmware update to the cam Monday (To Fix the in and out of focus problem). The computer company (ComputerWise) put the latest version of TC1 on the unit last week.

kanep
01-27-2018, 06:46 PM
Perhaps make sure you are running up to date NDI-HX drivers? I've not seen anything like this with my PTZ1.

SBowie
01-27-2018, 08:32 PM
There was an issue like this very early on. You might be right about the HX driver, I just forget how it was resolved. I'd look it up if I wasn't sick. :(