PDA

View Full Version : Windows Power Point with NDI Scan Converter - Not Full Screen

lvsoule
01-27-2018, 11:26 AM
How Can I get a Power Point from a Laptop Computer to show up Full Screen and not Just Upper Left Corner?

I am running NDI Scan Converter on a Windows computer.(Laptop) It shows up on the TC1 in the Population.

On the Power Point Computer I can choose 'Desktop' or 'Power Point' in the NDI runnings' settings and they will both show on the Tricaster input drop-down.

Either one that I try will show the Power Point much smaller on the Tricaster. It shows up in the upper left corner and does not fill the whole screen. Of course this is what goes to program. Occasionally it will surprise me and show up full screen.

I used to do this with iVGA and it would show the laptops desktop or anything running on the laptop full screen.

I've tried the following:

Laptop run Desktop only
Laptop run Power Point Presentation only.
Laptop run Desktop and Power Point.
Rebooting everything and trying the above again.

Can anyone help me understand how to get NDI Scan Converter to behave like iVGA so it shows the Laptops Desktop and that shows up on the input full screen?

thanks
-Larry

lvsoule
01-27-2018, 11:50 AM

kanep
01-27-2018, 12:12 PM
Check you scaling factor in Windows. Make sure it is set to 100%.

lvsoule
01-27-2018, 03:35 PM
Check you scaling factor in Windows. Make sure it is set to 100%.

OK I will try this. Still in session, but after will trouble shoot. It's weird because sometimes it's the correct size and sometimes it is the reduced side. We work with various presenters and each have their preference. Some iPad's some Power Point. I can't get the NDI iPad (IOS) Video to work $19.95 APP. but Apple TV is rock solid so I resorted to that.

I wonder if a feature that acts exactly like iVGA could be added to NDI Scan Converter so it scrapes the current laptop screen and is resolution independent. iVGA was so simple too.

kanep
01-27-2018, 06:39 PM
NDI Scan Converter should work just like iVGA. The resolution of your laptop screen should be scaled to fill the screen on the TriCaster. I know the Window scaling can though it off (Windows scaling can also affect iVGA as well). There is a portable version of NDI Scan Converter you can get that doesn't have to be installed, just like iVGA.

I'm not sure what the NDI iPad (iOS) app you are talking about is? NDI Camera?

lvsoule
01-28-2018, 10:05 AM
This seems to fix the NDI Scan Converter Power Point showing up small - See Pic.
Change the following setting -> Go to Menu Slideshow/Primary Monitor.

It was either this or we set an 'Assigned' IP address from the router. Those are the only two changes we made and it is solid now.

lvsoule
01-28-2018, 10:26 AM
The APP for the iPad for Camera is Newtek NDI Camera. However so far I have not been able to get it to work.

kanep
01-28-2018, 11:21 AM
Glad you figured out the PowerPoint issue. I'll have to remember that option in case it comes up.

For NDI Camera. What doesn't work? You can not see the camera as a option to select? Are you able to select the camera but you don't get any video? Or do you get a signal, but find that video isn't smooth?