PDA

View Full Version : interior design of surgery centre

KeithJ
12-23-2003, 04:16 PM
This is a job I recently finished.
I had to work from existing wall plans, but design the furniture, doors, windows and decor. I did two variations on the decor.

I'd appreciate your comments.
(If you want to see other views I will be happy to post them.)

Keith

KeithJ
12-23-2003, 04:22 PM
2nd_view

veljko
12-24-2003, 01:22 AM
The scene look cool!

I would make the shadows a bit sharper, the pic lacks visualy strong focal points (dont know how to explain it- one or two points on the pic where your eye stops )

but otherwise, great job!

kuik2c
12-24-2003, 02:56 AM
Ya, I think need more dark shadows, and focus area; mostly is on the reception counter.
few comments:

model:
1. The ceilling drop at the reception is a bit too low. It should be same high as the door frame or another 50mm lower then it..(if u follow the scale)
2. The bar which hang the drop_ceilling should have a small cap b4 touch the ceilling. This little thing will make it look more real.
3. Those downlight frames are a bit too thick. You might need to change some to down lights, wht you hv now more like spot lights.
4. smaller door handles.

Rendering.
1. try radiosity. u'll get better enviroment.
2. with the numbers of downlight at the drop ceilling, need to brithen the reception counter, specially the glass. this also let ppl focus more to ur reception counter than the waiting area.
3. spot light for the logo on the wall instead of point light.
4. some noise bump for the carpet? Also the those logo casting on the carpet a bit confusing.
5. the big painting on the wall is a bit too colorfull compare to rest of materials.

Tht's it...maybe too much of comments from me.:p Anyway, still a good job.

Merry X'mas.

emoboy83
12-24-2003, 03:21 AM
Nice job.
Second render definatley better than the first which is a bit flat. Especially the wood texture on the walls. Try a bit of bump mapping on them i think and up there reflective value a little i think. AS already mentioned i think also think the shadows lack strength. Like the detail in the reception desk though. Good job.
How long did the project take?

KeithJ
12-28-2003, 07:15 AM
Well, unfortunatly I cannot make anymore changes the the set as the project is now finished. Happily the images I supplied to my clients helped them win the contract and so I consider it a sucess.

I was supplied with 2d plans of the subject as auto cad files and worked from these. All the furniture (including window frames and doors) and decor was designed or chosen by me. My primary funtion on this project was as an interior designer.

Time was very limited for this project. The research, initial modeling and renders took about 9 days (I also had to produce a recovery room and corridor). With client changes and a request for a second option on decor I used up another 5 days. To be honest it felt like a mad rush, what with client changes and so on.

I had a few problems with the lighting (actually I always do). At first I used the ceiling spots with radiosity, but the results were very time consuming and to be honest disapointing. I realised at that point I would have to spend a great deal of time tweeking to make it look right (also I was looking at render times of over 16 hours for a single high res image and this was out of the question with my deadline) so I backed out and cheated using a just a few well positioned spots. (The upshot of this is that I have now bought the G4 plugin and the project I am currently working on has progressed with much greater speed. If I had had the pugin for the daycentre project I believe I could have saved about 5 days.)

I wish I had had time to post my on-going work at the time as your comments would have been very useful and all make a lot of sense.

I am very interested in using HDR files and radiosity for rendering in this kind of work, but I really don't have the knowhow. I've managed fine on single objects in open spaces but when it comes to room sets with ceilings I just cant seem to crack it and have not had the time to pursue it. I wonder if any of you could point me in the right direction?

Once again thanks for all your help and encouragement.
Keith :)