PDA

View Full Version : Hub not working (Mac LightWave 2018)

tpaasch
01-25-2018, 12:23 PM
I just installed LightWave 2018 on my Mac running MacOS High Sierra, and installed my license that I just purchased.

I can start Modeler, Layout and Hub. I can also start Modeler or Layout from the hub, but "Switch to Layout", "Syncronize Layout" and "Send Object to Layout" are greyed out.

What am I missing?

CaptainMarlowe
01-26-2018, 08:05 AM
The hub is bugged ; do you have greyed options when starting layout first ? There are a lot of issues with synchronisation, that is known from the devs, but I suggest you file a bug report. The more reproductible cases they have, the quicker we can expect a fix.

pandorian
02-24-2018, 03:56 PM
I just installed LightWave 2018 on my Mac running MacOS High Sierra, and installed my license that I just purchased.

I can start Modeler, Layout and Hub. I can also start Modeler or Layout from the hub, but "Switch to Layout", "Syncronize Layout" and "Send Object to Layout" are greyed out.

What am I missing?

I have been having similar problems running LW 2018 on my Mac as well, the sync simply won't work between Layout and Modeler. I tried this on my 2015 version of LW and I have absolutely no problem. I heard a while ago from one of their service techs via email that the problem has been resolved, but they are simply waiting on developing the patch. Has anyone heard or have any idea when this "layout to modeler sync patch" will be released?

Markc
02-25-2018, 03:50 AM
I found that if I send an object to modeller, modify then resave it, hit sync layout, back to layout.....it is updated (a workaround for now).

aperezg
03-01-2018, 06:11 PM
working now in LightWave 2018.0.2.

Thanks...

CaptainMarlowe
03-02-2018, 12:14 AM
Great news ! I have donwloaded the new version bit won’t be able to install it before a few days, since I have a huge scene rendering, and I’ll be off the days after.

ericlarson007
01-14-2019, 12:44 PM
I had this problem in 2018.0.3 and have updated to 2018.0.7 and still have greyed out sync functions...anyone ever find a way to get these back up and running. In 2018.0.1 everything worked great and now nothing. Really sucks not being able to create in new layers and not have them show up in layout without adding object layer.