PDA

View Full Version : Way to save particles as lwo?

squarewulf
01-24-2018, 03:17 PM
I have a particle simulation and i'd like to essentially freeze the last frame. Is there a way to save it out as a .lwo full of points?

MonroePoteet
01-24-2018, 04:17 PM
I don't know if it would meet your needs, and the particles don't freeze instantaneously, but you could use a Drag-type Wind object and ramp up the Power to 10,000% just before the frame you want to capture. Sample scene attached. In this scene, it looks like the Particles take about 5 frames to freeze. Depending on what you're trying to achieve, it may look more realistice if the Particles take a VERY rapid deceleration.

mTp

squarewulf
01-24-2018, 04:46 PM
Thats not quite what i'm after... Basically I have a caulking gun caulking a crack, and i'm using particles as the caulk. The follow scenes after the initial caulking are already caulked so I would like to just reinstance my caulk gibs to a single object instead of having a particle simulation beforehand... if that makes sense.

Seems like i'm always running into these weird scenarios, maybe i'm going about this all wrong.

UnCommonGrafx
01-24-2018, 05:18 PM
Have you looked at the 389 tools in the OD_Toolset, one of which I am sure will do as you suggest?
http://www.origamidigital.com/odtoolsOrder.html
https://vimeo.com/album/4335852
Look for Instance Baker
I'm a user. Newbie and impressed.
Robert

squarewulf
01-24-2018, 05:28 PM
I figured it out... used DP's particle scan, brought it back in as mdd, save transformed object.

MonroePoteet
01-24-2018, 08:30 PM
I figured it out... used DP's particle scan, brought it back in as mdd, save transformed object.

OK, thanks for posting specifics and your solution!

mTp

prometheus
01-25-2018, 12:13 AM
OK, thanks for posting specifics and your solution!

mTp

There's a hidden built in plugins called
Particle 2 partigon on.
It converts your particles to one point polys...then save transformed.

squarewulf
01-25-2018, 10:33 AM
There's a hidden built in plugins called
Particle 2 partigon on.
It converts your particles to one point polys...then save transformed.

Yeah I tied that that but didn't know I had to save transformed, was confused. Now i know, thanks!