PDA

View Full Version : Problem in LW 2018 Content Scene

JamesCurtis
01-18-2018, 08:38 PM
I'm experiencing a render problem with the LW 2018 Content scene Formula_LW.lws. When I do a render it is completely all black in VPR and in a render as well. This same scene renders in VPR and a render okay in LW 2015.3. This is from each programs proper Content material, so I'm wondering what's up with it!!

Could someone else check this and confirm, and possibly know how to fix it. Maybe a bug?

BTW, I finally pulled the trigger today and upgraded one of my two LW licenses from 2015.3 to 2018. My birthday is about a week away and it's a gift to myself. I may be 62, but the kid is still in me, and I hope to use it for some work and/or fun soon.

Thanks.

jaf
01-19-2018, 03:14 PM
I'm seeing the same thing you're seeing -- lots of black, all black.

prometheus
01-19-2018, 05:03 PM
itīs light related, itīs a spot light, and it doesnīt do a good job for som reason, if you turn on gradient backdrop, you will see some gi bounces, or if you add a point light and move it in the tunnel, it should light up things.
not sure with whatīs wrong with the spot light though, if I ad a new one..it works.

prometheus
01-19-2018, 05:07 PM
Found it, the spot light was not active...check it in the scene editor.

JamesCurtis
01-19-2018, 09:33 PM
Thanks, will take a look.

MichaelT
01-19-2018, 10:57 PM
That scene isn't built to be rendered however :) It is to showcase the Bullet system.

Oh, and keep that kid in you happy.. things like that is what keeps a sharper mind :)

JamesCurtis
01-20-2018, 03:52 PM
I know the scene was not necessarily meant to be rendered, but the point was that it did in 2015 but not in 2018.1, and I wanted to find out why. It wasn't apparent to me.

BTW, to get it to render a decently lit image, I had to change the light Lux Value and switch Intensity Falloff > Inv Distance *2 to Off, as well as parent the light to the blue car.

prometheus
01-20-2018, 06:36 PM
That scene isn't built to be rendered however :) It is to showcase the Bullet system.

Oh, and keep that kid in you happy.. things like that is what keeps a sharper mind :)

he..wonder why they bothered put a spotlight in there in such case? we shouldnīt build excuses for the content responsible guys :) if there was a need for only opengl presentation only..just add a standard light, itīs clearly just a blunder having turned of the spotlight.

DonJMyers
01-24-2018, 03:13 PM
The light is also set not to affect diffuse or specular. Yes, its a scene just for previewing.