PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave 2018 NRC plugins directory problem

vipvip242
01-18-2018, 03:34 AM
hi everybody,

i encounter a problem with the configuration of the network-rendering system in LW2018 : when validating the NRC controler, all is OK except the shared plugin directory : i tried to follow the doc tutorial for this but i'm still stuck with this : i tried with local drives & network-drive too, but it is still marked with the red dot : any idea anyone ?
thanks

vipvip242
01-18-2018, 03:46 AM
I've to say i can't retrive the "manage plugins" option in the NRC controler, and this is very mysterious :
"... you should know that LightWave needs a config file for plugins (Extension Cache-64 on the PC, Extension Cache on the Mac) to tell render nodes where to find the plugins they will need for operation....'

BeeVee
01-18-2018, 01:00 PM
Bonsoir vipvip,

Je suis en train d'écrire à nouveau un tuto pour NRC. I'm in the process of writing a tutorial for NRC.

B

vipvip242
01-18-2018, 01:51 PM
Bonsoir vipvip,

Je suis en train d'écrire à nouveau un tuto pour NRC. I'm in the process of writing a tutorial for NRC.

B

Ah super, merci beaucoup, je suis impatient de le consulter, c’est cool ! :)
( ah super, i can’t wait to see it, thanks a lot ;) )

vipvip242
01-19-2018, 07:39 AM
hi Again Ben,
can you please give me the URL of the tutorial when this one will be done.
i saw with a big interest your youtube page : me too, i'm an old from amiga world (amiga 1000, 500, 2 x 1200 with 6830 accalerators, DCTV... : a bit slower than my actual i9 7940x with 14 cores @ 4ghz ;D).
I bought my first newtek digitizer (16 colors) at the CIS when i was at the science university : 1988 !!!
With Amigas, we made live-concerts in France/Europe with direct live casting on big screen and techno/rock music : the pictures were made und cast with 2 amigas 1200 : one controled by MIDI, the other one directly by myself, with the excellent "ELAN PERFORMER" software.... it was between 1991-1998... souvenirs, souvenirs :)
Regards,
Vincent

mummyman
01-19-2018, 01:31 PM
Bonsoir vipvip,

B

This will be very much appreciated!!! Hopefully it covers using mapped network drives too? My machines show up in the list, but immediately my plugin folder goes "red" odd. Oh well. Looking forward to it! Thanks!

NeonZ
01-19-2018, 06:14 PM
hi everybody,

i encounter a problem with the configuration of the network-rendering system in LW2018 : when validating the NRC controler, all is OK except the shared plugin directory : i tried to follow the doc tutorial for this but i'm still stuck with this : i tried with local drives & network-drive too, but it is still marked with the red dot : any idea anyone ?
thanks

I had to create a "Windows" folder in the root folder that mimicked the path expected by the NRC Controller. Then I copied the Support folder into it to get the plugins validated. Be sure to keep the original Support folder in place. The first image shows the NRC Controller setup. You'll see a disconnect between what the Shared Plug-In Directory field shows and what the Preview shows. The second is the Windows folder structure. The "Windows" folder was created to match the Preview. The third image shows the original Support folder in place.

Also, make sure you add the NRC_Service.exe to the Firewall rules on each of the nodes. I did Inbound and Outbound just to be safe. And add the NRC_Controller service to the firewall rules on the host computer (Both from the install drive and the \\hostname location). I didn't get the NRC system to work smoothly until the firewall rules were enabled. And if you're interested, check out the LW - PC (http://forums.newtek.com/forumdisplay.php?26-LW-PC) forum for more observations about NRC Nodes rendering as windows services.

For reference, here's the LightWave Documentation on Network Rendering (https://docs.lightwave3d.com/display/LW2018/Distributed+Rendering+-+An+Introduction).

vipvip242
01-20-2018, 12:43 AM
thanks a lot, i'll check it today

omichon
01-20-2018, 01:17 AM
I had to create a "Windows" folder in the root folder that mimicked the path expected by the NRC Controller. Then I copied the Support folder into it to get the plugins validated. Be sure to keep the original Support folder in place.
To me, this is a workaround to get all lights to green with the current version. I have already underlined this non existent windows folder issue in another place. Definitely a bug to me, since it has to be done manually. If it's the proper setup, it should be done by the installer.

NeonZ
01-20-2018, 04:40 PM
To me, this is a workaround to get all lights to green with the current version. I have already underlined this non existent windows folder issue in another place. Definitely a bug to me, since it has to be done manually. If it's the proper setup, it should be done by the installer.

Yep, a workaround indeed. It would be nice to have a Preference for Type of Render Environment where we could check Windows and/or Mac. And if it's Windows only, use the same path in the Shared Plug-in Directory field.

vipvip242
01-21-2018, 09:03 AM
Hi,
i've tried again many differents configuration with the previous tips you gave, but still without any success : the red dot plugins is still here... i give up until the BeeWee tutorial... i suppose there is something around the "Extension Cache-64" mentionned in the online doc, that i don't understand... anyway thanks for your help...

Noclar7
01-26-2018, 08:15 AM
HI All, has anyone been able to get this to work on OSX as well? Ive tried adding the windows folder listed above but still cannot get validated.

Meshbuilder
01-26-2018, 08:37 AM
HI All, has anyone been able to get this to work on OSX as well? Ive tried adding the windows folder listed above but still cannot get validated.

Yes. PC & Mac mixed together :)

What's the name of osx folder inside the plugins folder?
For me, I had problem with the PCs when I had named the windows plugin folder "win" instead of "windows".
It started worked first when I changed that name.

Noclar7
01-26-2018, 08:55 AM
@Meshbuilder Thank You, Adding a osx and windows directory resolved the issue. Cheers.

Noclar7
01-26-2018, 09:02 AM
Is there anything else required after getting green lit on validation to start the render? I am validated but the "Start Render" option is still disabled (even with the scene and node selected).

Meshbuilder
01-26-2018, 10:21 AM
None of the green buttons works (start render, start node etc.) on MacOS. Weird bug. I have reported it so I hope it is fixed in the next update.

But in the meantime you can automatically start render the scenes if you activate:
"Automatically assign newly added Scenes" and "Automatically start Node when Scenes are assigned" in the preferences window.

CaptainMarlowe
01-26-2018, 12:04 PM
Thanks for these tips

vipvip242
01-27-2018, 12:44 AM
Hi,
i've discovered & switched to another NRC topic, which can a be usefull for some of you, guys...
http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?155571-Trouble-with-getting-the-new-NRC-setup-working-in-2018-0-(Network-Render-Controller)
apparently, some bugs have to be resolved with NRC, with my system is almost OK, except one ennoying problem : NRC doesn't start automatically a new scene added, when the previous one is fully rendered (even with the prefs option enabled of course)

sk810
01-31-2018, 10:33 PM
None of the green buttons works (start render, start node etc.) on MacOS. Weird bug. I have reported it so I hope it is fixed in the next update.

But in the meantime you can automatically start render the scenes if you activate:
"Automatically assign newly added Scenes" and "Automatically start Node when Scenes are assigned" in the preferences window.

Thanks for mentioning this, I got everything working, but still the buttons to "Start Render" were still greyed out. Just changed the preferences like you said and bingo it worked.

BeeVee
02-01-2018, 05:44 AM
Do you have the scene in question selected? It needs to be clicked on for NRC to know which scene to render.

B