PDA

View Full Version : Not able to move anything in Layout or Modeler in 2018.0.1 anybody Else?

3djock
01-17-2018, 12:48 PM
I cannot for the life of me be able to move anything in Layout or modeler in 2018, I can move stuff in 2015.3. Looking for an answers and I am sure I don't know what is causing it. I have installed and reinstalled and also have talked with support with no answer.Weird.

prometheus
01-17-2018, 02:31 PM
I cannot for the life of me be able to move anything in Layout or modeler in 2018, I can move stuff in 2015.3. Looking for an answers and I am sure I don't know what is causing it. I have installed and reinstalled and also have talked with support with no answer.Weird.

Seem to be some sort of navigation setting in preferences.

UnCommonGrafx
01-17-2018, 02:52 PM
Using a tablet?
You have to pick it in the preferences or you will experience no interaction with LW.

If you have a mouse connected, it should work without a problem.

I had this happen, too. And on every new 2018 install I expect I will have to.
Robert

Ztreem
01-17-2018, 05:46 PM
Using a tablet?
You have to pick it in the preferences or you will experience no interaction with LW.

I still don’t get why you have to do this in LW when its 2018!? Other apps have no problem switching between tablet and mouse, no need for any settings and such.

UnCommonGrafx
01-17-2018, 06:26 PM
Me either as it has never been this way.
Just stating that it is.

pandorian
01-17-2018, 08:02 PM

I am experiencing EXACTLY the same scenario, with one exception, it seems to be temperamental. I've actually gotten it to work successfully, however I had to shut down and restart both Modeler and Lightwave (also the Hub) a few times before it seemed to connect. It definitely acts buggy and needs to be addressed. I'd like to note that this problem does not exist with my 2015 version.

JamesCurtis
01-19-2018, 08:21 AM
I'd suggest you file a bug report with the button that exists in 2018 Layout.