PDA

View Full Version : growing object over time

nnasr.rm
01-17-2018, 06:41 AM
hi,
there was a plugin that i used to love that was called fertilizer. It would grow an object...meaning, i have an object fully modelled. and i weigh paint for example part of it, and the part that i weigted grows over time to reach its initial state.
is that possible still? because the plugin wont install in lightwave 2015.3 and im sure it wont install in the 2018 version.
any help would be greatly appreciated.
I have a model that needs to reveal. I dont want to grow along a spline.
many thanks.

Sensei
01-17-2018, 07:38 AM
It probably means it's 32 bit plugin. Install LW 2015.3 32 bit, and try again.

nnasr.rm
01-17-2018, 08:39 AM
It probably means it's 32 bit plugin. Install LW 2015.3 32 bit, and try again.

is there no way to do it with 64bit, im using a mac.

Sensei
01-17-2018, 09:48 AM
is there no way to do it with 64bit, im using a mac.

LW 2018 is 64 bit exclusive.
But older LW you should be able to make 32 bit by RMB clicking app icon, and toggling on "32 bit mode".
Of course it will help only if plugin has Mac version, and is not Windows exclusive. For such plugins you would need Windows emulator..

prometheus
01-17-2018, 02:36 PM
yes...sometimes it could be good with an alternative lightwave 2018 32 bit version.
not sure if dp verdure pack may help, it comes with a weight growth displacement plugin, itīs available in 64 bit, but it may be broken, and it wasnīt as easy going as fertilizer.
http://dpont.pagesperso-orange.fr/plugins/Verdure/DP_Verdure.html

prometheus
01-17-2018, 02:59 PM
Edit..I do not think dp growth displacement plugin works, not sure if itīs releated to how it reads the weight map, or how subdivision order is handled now...at least I can not get it to work.
It was designed to work with dp tree and growing them, but it could also be used with other weight map plugins, like weight outwards to animate growing stuff etc, for dp tree in 64 bit format, it also seems that when creating a tree, a weight map isnīt created for those who wantīs to know about that.

prometheus
01-17-2018, 03:44 PM
checked this fertilizer plugin ..it was in 64 bit, but I donīt get it to work in 2018, so some thing seem broken with weight map recognition through the modifiers,
neither fertilizer nor dp growth seem to work, not sure if itīs an order thing with how you use the subdiv modifier? and I am not sure how well weight map works if going nodal for it? havenīt checked that.https://www2.informatik.hu-berlin.de/~goetsch/Fertilizer2/

roboman
01-17-2018, 11:21 PM
Not what you were looking for, but maybe an option. It might give you a result close to what you were looking for if you made a copy of the object in another layer, in modeler and made adjustments to get the final look you wanted, then used that as a morph