PDA

View Full Version : How do you copy emitter settings from one layer to multiple layers in Layout?

Michael Lizak
01-15-2018, 01:10 PM
I have an object composed of 80 layers. I added a surface emitter to one layer & adjusted to my liking. Spent the last hour trying to figure out how to copy all this to the other layers at once. Does anyone know how to do this? Appreciate the help.

prometheus
01-15-2018, 03:39 PM
I have an object composed of 80 layers. I added a surface emitter to one layer & adjusted to my liking. Spent the last hour trying to figure out how to copy all this to the other layers at once. Does anyone know how to do this? Appreciate the help.

It should be doable now, right click in the property of the fx emitter applied, and choose copy, then open scene editor and select all the other layers(hold shif down and click the first then the last layer, that should select all layers, then open the properties, hit p for properties and go to the fx tab and add the fx emitter, Even if you are only on one object, it will automaticly present you with a list of added emitters propagating through all the ones you previously selected, so it will have added one emitter for each layer you selected, then select all those with shift click the first then the last, right click and paste in the fx emitter settings.

A serious note, I just tested it on the new lightwave 2018, not sure this will work in 2015, will have to check and get back..
Edited, I dont think this is doable within lightwave 2015, so it means an upgrade if you have to.
http://forums.newtek.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=139458&d=1516055988

Michael Lizak
01-16-2018, 08:51 AM
Prometheus, thanks for taking the time to figure that out for me! I really appreciate it. I am running Lightwave 2015. After reading your reply, I individually added an emitter the 80 layers. After that I was able to edit the properties of all emitter at once in the property panel of the scene editor. Thanks again!