PDA

View Full Version : Plugins and frequent LW updates?

TSpyrison
01-15-2018, 08:04 AM
Is there an easy way, to copy over all the plugins, menu setting and such when new LW patches come out?
With each update installing into a new directory, im getting tired of having to reinstall all the plugins and setting everything up each time..

Kryslin
01-15-2018, 10:21 AM
I keep all my plugins in a seperate directory, and use a junction point creator to "copy" that directory into support/plugins (Windows machine, don't know if Mac OS has the same capability...)
I then go and create menu branches for my custom menus, and import them into the new install.

BeeVee
01-16-2018, 12:51 AM
I have a folder in my plugins directory called "3rdParty" into which I put all my third party plugins. That way, I can just copy over the folder to a new install. For menu settings, I can only suggest having dedicated branches for your plugins that you export and import, rather than interspersing them in the other tabs.

B

omichon
01-16-2018, 05:27 AM
I have a folder in my plugins directory called "3rdParty" into which I put all my third party plugins. That way, I can just copy over the folder to a new install. For menu settings, I can only suggest having dedicated branches for your plugins that you export and import, rather than interspersing them in the other tabs.

B

Sadly, that's how I do nowadays, despite it is the worst solution from a production efficiency point of view.
This way, a bunch of tools of the same type, doing almost the same thing but differently, are scattered across too many tabs and menus. But, indeed, it's the most portable solution when moving from a version to another.
I used to have a configuration where all tools were logically organized, in the 9.x days. If the first one had some limitations, then I could try the next one in the list. That was a killer config, really ;)
But, it also was taking days to update when a new release was out, so I gave up.

If only the export config command could make the difference between a native and a 3rd party plugin (a simple flag in the plugin class in fact).