PDA

View Full Version : Collada Import From Poser Pro 11

ckeyes888
01-12-2018, 07:17 PM
Hoping someone might have come across this issue.
In Poser Pro 11 I have a simple walking character, no lights cameras etc., that Iím trying to export to LW 2018 using the Collada export.
The figure and bones seem to load correctly but the bones are not connected to the figure. When previewed only the bones animate,
the figure remains stationary.

Hoping thereís an easy way to link or parent the bones to the figure, or am I missing something on how to import from Poser?

Really appreciate any help getting this working.

Thanks,

Carl

Oldcode
01-12-2018, 08:51 PM
I've never had much luck with importing stuff from Poser via Collada to anything. LW, Blender, Ect...

Unless there's a specific reason you don't want to, I suggest getting the PoserFusion Plugin from Smith Micro (if you have Poser 11 Pro then its free) and importing the Poser figure in that way. It imports the geometry, textures, and animation data, but in a different way. It bascially creates a LWO for each character/object in the poser scene and then uses the Poser.exe and the animation data from the Poser scene file to morph the models to move.

It does not import the bones, but if that's not important to you, Poser fusion works really well. I've used it for many of my projects.

Good Luck,

clintonman
01-13-2018, 08:20 AM
If you're on windows there's an old lscript + exe combination at the bottom of the page here you could try:
http://clintons3d.com/plugins/lightwave/index.html