PDA

View Full Version : Art

grafxstudio
01-10-2018, 12:03 PM
I do alot of art with Daz studio. Depending on the lights I select the rendering times are ridiculous. It takes like 2 hours to render a person. I was thinking of setting up the scene in Daz then export out infbx and import it in to Lightwave to render. The question I have is how do you have clothing follow the person. Or if you load it seperately how do you pose without screwing up the mesh?
Larry

grafxstudio
01-11-2018, 04:12 PM
I've tried half the day so far loading a scene in Daz Studio exporting to Lightwave. Uf I add the hair the figure comes in corrupt. I even tried exporting the figure and clothing separate but when imported in Lightwave they come as they are one item. I'm not into animation at this time single shot scenes are fine. I'm trying to get the figured to come in clothed hair and posed. Ready to render or close to it as I can get.

prometheus
01-14-2018, 07:35 AM
I do alot of art with Daz studio. Depending on the lights I select the rendering times are ridiculous. It takes like 2 hours to render a person. I was thinking of setting up the scene in Daz then export out infbx and import it in to Lightwave to render. The question I have is how do you have clothing follow the person. Or if you load it seperately how do you pose without screwing up the mesh?
Larry

Canīt help on the pose with clothes right now, will have to look at some things myself, but rendering? two hours seriously...you either got a very slow machine or have used some strange settings..
I would suggest use the Nvidia Iray, that is if you got the hardware for it, I myself got me asus Rog gaming machine with the NVIDIA GTX 1080, and itīs very fast I think..600x600 renders in two minutes or so..but it depends on quality, and if you go to daz render settings and set viewport to nvidia interactive, you will see your viewport update much faster than Lightwave 2018 with GI and path tracing (not lightwave 2015) just takes a few seconds with my machine anyway.
And final render a couple of minutes...and that with several characters, two hours ..that isnīt right.

grafxstudio
01-15-2018, 07:11 AM
I was using photometric lights setup as if you were in a photo studio. I have to do rendering with the cpu right now can't afford a fancy graphic card right now. I have only the graphic card that came with the Mac pro that I have.

Markc
01-15-2018, 08:22 AM
Export from Daz as obj, if your doing stills.
This brings all into LW as posed.
You then need to tweak surfaces.

grafxstudio
02-02-2018, 03:09 PM
I'm wondering if it is possible to save a daz studio file to your harddrive in a text format then reload it into lightwave layout? would you have to change the text much to have it work?

Markc
02-03-2018, 10:56 AM
I'm not sure what problems your having, but if you export from daz as obj or fbx, then open the obj or fbx file in LW.....baaddaa..binng :)
Why do you want a text file?

grafxstudio
02-07-2018, 08:53 AM
loading all textures in to lightwave, loading both light and camera placement and morphs and poses

Markc
02-07-2018, 11:40 AM
If you export an obj from Daz, when you load into LW it will load all the surfaces, just like a standard .lwo.
If you want animation, export an fbx and the morphs and poses are also loaded.
I setup lights and camera in LW to suit.

grafxstudio
02-10-2018, 05:14 PM
I'm not sure you are right about that. From what I have witnessed it uses one image per surface. So it you need multiple images per surface you need to load those onto your character. You might say that I don't know what I'm talking about. I exported a scene then imported to Lightwave and it only displayed the color surface. Np Bump Map , No SSS map and no Normal Map. Maybe I should get along with my one image per but I think it looks better with all surfaces.

grafxstudio
02-11-2018, 08:31 AM
I studied the mtl this morning and it only shows the diffuse color map and the transparency map. The other maps you will have to load yourself. So that is why I would like to figure out a way to use the duf file system to load in a scene in Lightwave.