PDA

View Full Version : AA Reconstruccion filters ¿where?

Hector Moratill
01-10-2018, 05:09 AM
Hi Friends,

Does anyone know where is the antialiasing reconstruction filter?. (box, classic, gaussian etc).
In the buffers editor, it does not seem to have any effect on the render and render progress Info:

Thanks!!

Hector Moratilla

Asticles
01-10-2018, 05:52 AM
Maybe this text on render window is filled from legacy options. Seems a bug to me.

Hector Moratill
01-10-2018, 06:57 AM
Maybe this text on render window is filled from legacy options. Seems a bug to me.

Yes, maybe it's a bug. I compared the result of the antialiasing between the different filters of LW 2018 and I do not appreciate any difference between Mitchel, Box, Lanczos Sync, Triangle or Gaussian. They do NOT seem to be working, and the render progress window only appears Classic filter. Curiously, the Classic rec filter is nowhere in the LW 2018 interface. Very strange.

Saludos! :)

Hector Moratilla

BeeVee
01-10-2018, 07:45 AM
Hola Hector,

Make sure you report a bug, because it does look like it. What did you set your filter radius to on the reconstruction filters?

Don't forget that you can report a bug in the Help menu in Layout and Modeler.

B

Nicolas Jordan
01-10-2018, 10:24 AM
I always used classic for all the renderings I do so hopefully this gets sorted out or there is a good alternate filter for classic.

BeeVee
01-10-2018, 10:49 AM
I think Classic is Triangle, but the docs also talk about Box.

B

Asticles
01-10-2018, 12:23 PM
Yes, maybe it's a bug. I compared the result of the antialiasing between the different filters of LW 2018 and I do not appreciate any difference between Mitchel, Box, Lanczos Sync, Triangle or Gaussian. They do NOT seem to be working, and the render progress window only appears Classic filter. Curiously, the Classic rec filter is nowhere in the LW 2018 interface. Very strange.

Saludos! :)

Hector Moratilla

They're working, try Lanczossinc with radius 3 and compare it to others.

Un saludo.

JamesCurtis
01-11-2018, 09:57 AM
In a way, I wish that these settings weren't moved from where they were in 2015.3, but I understand the reason to break them out. I too was puzzled by the seeming non-change recfilter of the rendering display, but I did notice the change in a few of the 2018 content scenes, and wasn't sure how to effect a change to them.

Hector Moratill
01-15-2018, 05:19 AM
2018.01 uodate has solved this bug!, thanks NewTek....or LWG guys :)

LWB-2990 Render status window always reports RecFltr = Classic

Hector