PDA

View Full Version : LW2018.0 Network Render Controller help for a successful LW2015.3 BNR 7 user

MoonCat213
01-08-2018, 04:59 PM
Has anyone been successful setting up Network Render Controller? I keep getting stuck on the plugins. No matter where I put the plugins directory I get the red light. I've tried UNC, I've tried Drive Mapping. Red Light! Please help.

I have been using Butterfly NetRender ever since I could not get LightWave StealthNet to work back in the day of LightWave 6. Before that I managed my way with ScreamerNET II.

Currently BNR is working with LW2015.3 so I don't want to mess with it, but then, I want to move forward with LW2018. Thanks.

3D Kiwi
01-08-2018, 05:44 PM
I had it running on a few machines. My plugins where showing red as well but it still worked.

Im glad they have tried to improve screamernet but it still needs alot of work.

BeeVee
01-09-2018, 04:58 AM
I have it running successfully on several virtual machines here, plus my selection of real machiones too.

B

3D Kiwi
01-09-2018, 05:01 AM
Yea it works ok just not much in the way of functionality. I also noticed you couldn't stop and start slaves during a render.

Are there plans to continue working on it? It would be great if it would support comping apps like AE and Fusion.

omichon
01-09-2018, 05:46 AM
NRC will be great... once it will be stable. Quite often, too often I should say, some nodes are lost during the render. The tasker is still running but not seen by the Controller. This is not the kind of issue that could be easily tracked down. I had to render my last project using the good old ScreamerNet, and all was fine :)
That said, I really hope LW3DG will not give up on it, it is way more flexible than ScreamerNet.

BeeVee
01-09-2018, 04:27 PM
Yea it works ok just not much in the way of functionality. I also noticed you couldn't stop and start slaves during a render.

You can stop and start nodes, just you can't pause them. If you stop a node you need to reassign it the work to do, etc.

B

3D Kiwi
01-09-2018, 06:43 PM
I will give that a go, You did avoid the other part of my questions :-)

BeeVee
01-10-2018, 01:48 AM
Plans to continue working on NPR? It has already had changes, and there is certainly going to be a tutorial on how to use it in the docs :)

B

mummyman
01-10-2018, 09:29 AM
This might not be as related... but has to do with the way 2018 saves scene files: If you open a render-ready 2018 scene in notepad / text editor, there is still an odd path trying to save SaveRGBImages, which doesn't really exist anymore. In 2015, this was an option. For some reason, it's a "leftover" I think. It slightly messes up my submission for rendering in Royal Render. Things still render and get saved properly. It doesn't mess up anything in Lightwave, so should this be considered a bug?

BeeVee
01-10-2018, 10:04 AM
Please send a bug report. :)

B