PDA

View Full Version : Speed Edit 2.0

handr
01-08-2018, 02:53 PM
I installed my paid copy of SE 2.0. on windows 10
Seems to work. I need to reg it with NewTek.
1. How can I do this? so it runs out of demo mode
2. Dose this work well i windows 10 It seams to do a good Job.
3. I may need to down load the DVE and Trans. Can I do this?

Thank you RH

DonJMyers
01-10-2018, 01:44 PM
You can't register it any more :( Newtek careth not for such old stuff. Fear not, email me at [email protected] and I will send you a hack that turns off the need to register. This is not piracy any more since the product is discontinued. I bought it also and I want to keep using it. SO glad it works good on win 10. I have a library of a decade of video edit decision lists I want to keep in SE.

3D Kiwi
01-10-2018, 03:05 PM
Pretty sure that is still piracy, just because someone discontinues a product does not mean its free to use.

If I am wrong I want a Delorean :-)

ACross
01-10-2018, 03:06 PM
I am afraid that I agree with "3D KIWI" (cool name btw!). Email me and we can try to work something out so you can use it.

3D Kiwi
01-10-2018, 03:15 PM
Email me and we can try to work something out so you can use it.

Thanks cant wait to use a Delorean.

SBowie
01-10-2018, 03:19 PM
Thanks cant wait to use a Delorean.A co-worker here had one. Fun, but in the 'nice place to visit, but wouldn't want to live here' manner ... :)

DonJMyers
01-10-2018, 03:41 PM
Pretty sure that is still piracy, )

We both admitted we paid for the product.

SBowie
01-10-2018, 05:16 PM
The fact that a developer isn't actively marketing a product doesn't mean they've given up their rights to it... but that could be the end result if they allow people to usurp those rights, however well intended.

DonJMyers
01-11-2018, 10:12 AM
The fact that a developer isn't actively marketing a product doesn't mean they've given up their rights to it... but that could be the end result if they allow people to usurp those rights, however well intended.

What part of "I bought this product and intend to keep using it even if I can't re-register it after I reinstall" is usurping Newtek's rights?

SBowie
01-11-2018, 10:31 AM
What part of "I bought this product and intend to keep using it even if I can't re-register it after I reinstall" is usurping Newtek's rights?" I will send you a hack that turns off the need to register". At least while the developer is still in business, taking steps to bypass licensing mechanisms would reasonably seem to be a no-no.

DonJMyers
01-11-2018, 11:33 AM
" I will send you a hack that turns off the need to register". At least while the developer is still in business, taking steps to bypass licensing mechanisms would reasonably seem to be a no-no.

Only if he is lying about his previous purchase of a now unregisterable product I think. I would not be advocating piracy of an un-purchased product.

SBowie
01-11-2018, 12:15 PM
Only if he is lying about his previous purchase of a now unregisterable product I think. I would not be advocating piracy of an un-purchased product.I can't agree, sorry. He can work with NewTek for a solution to his registration issue. I expect anything else would constitute a breach of the EULA.