PDA

View Full Version : UI Bugs

sadkkf
01-08-2018, 08:58 AM
Hi--

Just upgraded over the weekend and already having problems.

I'm unable to click on some buttons on the main UI. I can't click the slider in the timeline, the spinners in the numeric inputs at the bottom left, and can't drag in the viewports.

So far, it looks like the dialog boxes work fine. I've tried VSynch on and off and no difference and I'm not sure what else to try.

Anyone else have this?

Specs:

Radeon R9 390 Gaming
8GB DDR5

I7 5820-K
32GB DDR4

Do I need to submit this as a bug? LightWave is pretty unusable in this state.

zapper1998
01-08-2018, 09:53 AM
Have you tried "Edit Menu" and load a different menu then switch back to default menu?

had issues kinda the same and that solved it

sadkkf
01-08-2018, 10:01 AM
Have you tried "Edit Menu" and load a different menu then switch back to default menu?

had issues kinda the same and that solved it

I'll give that a shot tonight. Thanks for the idea. I just hope this isn't a video card issue.

DogBoy
01-08-2018, 10:12 AM
Oh yeah, if it's that messeed up on your rig, bug it. Send them screenshots and along with PC specs and Software

ElusiveElephant
01-08-2018, 10:41 AM
Which buttons are you unable to click on?? Any in particular?
Sounds like a video card driver issue, but it's hard to tell really.

What version of Windows are you on?

sadkkf
01-08-2018, 11:02 AM
Which buttons are you unable to click on?? Any in particular?
Sounds like a video card driver issue, but it's hard to tell really.

What version of Windows are you on?

I can't use the slider in the timeline, but I can click in the timeline to move the slider.
I can't use the spinner buttons in the numeric input at the bottom left to change position and rotation.
I can't drag in the viewport.
I can't select items in the viewport.

That's as far as I've gotten. The few dialogs I've opened all seem to work fine.

My specs:

Radeon R9 390 Gaming with the latest drivers
8GB DDR5
Win 7 pro 64-bit
32GB DDR4

As another thread suggested, I've turned VSynch off. Nothing. I've also resized the window so it's not full screen. Nothing again. Really don't know what else to do. I seriously hope I don't need a new video card for this.

danielkaiser
01-09-2018, 12:11 PM
Are you left-handed?

01-09-2018, 12:57 PM
I'm curious: did you install as admin?
I believe I hit the same thing and when I went looking for an answer I saw one that spoke to installing as the admin if problems with the install popped up.
I re-installed as the admin and it was all good from there.
Robert

sadkkf
01-09-2018, 01:07 PM
Submitting a bug report, I was told and verified my mouse with the flipped left-right buttons are to blame. Unflipping the buttons on the mouse solved the problem.

I was also told a fix for this should be released "very soon."