PDA

View Full Version : experimental features

gar26lw
01-06-2018, 06:07 PM
anyone know what the experimental features are in 2018; 2015 for that matter?

i don’t know if there is the traditional shortcut in 2018 but you can enable via flag in cfg.

prometheus
01-06-2018, 07:00 PM
There is a button called, switch back to old lightwave, itīs only experimental ofcourse. :)
Sorry for this sarcasm, I just couldnīt resist, the new Lightwave is growing on me ...so you now I am not seriously bashing it.

gar26lw
01-06-2018, 07:16 PM
There is a button called, switch back to old lightwave, itīs only experimental ofcourse. :)
Sorry for this sarcasm, I just couldnīt resist, the new Lightwave is growing on me ...so you now I am not seriously bashing it.

i think we are walking the same path. if the render speed could get up there i’d be happy.

on that note, i noticed you can package scenes as 2015.

prometheus
01-06-2018, 07:27 PM
i think we are walking the same path. if the render speed could get up there i’d be happy.

on that note, i noticed you can package scenes as 2015.

Itīs so different now with the render engine, and GI , so One really have to turn off a lot and decrease some settings, and it may be getting closer..but it may not reach up the the speed as lw 2015 had for standard surfacing and itīs GI engine, itīs a sacrifice to gain more realistic GI and surfacing..guess we have to live with that, and computers will be faster if it is of any comfort..I guess some folks cant take it, others will be very happy to see the new changes, I donīt know where to stand as for know, need more testing.

but for render speed, did you know that if you add the old legacy volumetrics and use hypervoxels, itīs actually faster per voxel it seems..and in addition to that, we can now use several nulls of hypervoxels and have them overlap, It still renders without any hang up as it did with only two hypervoxels overlapping in lightwave 2015, and in addition to that..we can also fly closer to hypervoxels and it renders faster than previously, so even if they didnīt do anything with the hypervoxels, it seems the render engine treats it just as good as the new volumetrics..almost, though in fact the new volumetrics can be somewhat slower depending on settings, but in other circumstances faster as well.