PDA

View Full Version : No LightWave Folder?

rekh
01-05-2018, 02:42 PM
Greetings,

It's been a while. Downloaded LW 2018 to give it try. Handles great; after fighting to get it unzipped, anyway, I'm thinking of taking advantage of the upgrade price for such a powerful prog.

I directed LW to install in my applications folder and it did, but it didn't create a LW folder. It dropped the components into the apps folder 'stand alone'. I created a folder, named it LightWave 2018, moved the parts into the folder, etc. LW won't start after doing so. Seems i should have created the folder first. I moved the parts back into the apps folder, and it starts up fine.

Is there a simple fix for this w/o re-installing?

rsfd
01-05-2018, 03:32 PM
correct file path should be:
HD/Applications/NewTek/LightWave3D_2018.0

Unfortunately, I cannot comment on possible issues with the installer, as I still have had the "NewTek"-Folder present from v.10.1.
But as you seem to be the first Mac user with this issue, I would assume that the Installer did work properly for most users on OSX so far.

rekh
01-05-2018, 05:01 PM
correct file path should be:
HD/Applications/NewTek/LightWave3D_2018.0

Unfortunately, I cannot comment on possible issues with the installer, as I still have had the "NewTek"-Folder present from v.10.1.
But as you seem to be the first Mac user with this issue, I would assume that the Installer did work properly for most users on OSX so far.

Looks like is was just me. Reinstalled. Played it safe and created the folders as you outlined. Added the license, etc. Works great.

Thanks for the help.

rsfd
01-06-2018, 08:25 AM
you're welcome.
Glad to read you could sort it out.