PDA

View Full Version : surfaces panel a no show in layout 2018??

stylus10
01-04-2018, 05:08 PM
hi folks. the surface panel flashes occasionally and briefly when i push the button or f5. is anyone else having this problem? is there something i can do? i can't work without it... thanks.

Matt
01-04-2018, 06:23 PM
hi folks. the surface panel flashes occasionally and briefly when i push the button or f5. is anyone else having this problem? is there something i can do? i can't work without it... thanks.

Works fine here. What system you on? Not using old 2015 (or prior) configs?

stylus10
01-04-2018, 06:27 PM
i'm in win10. i did not uninstall 2015, but none of the 3rd party stuff i had there showed up in 2018. i am at a loss. how would i check to see what config my 2018 is using? when i go into menu edit, the surface panel is ghosted... does this indicate anything critical? if so how do i associate the surface panel button with the action? (i check in modeler and it appears ghosted there too, but functional. i don't see any differences between the two)

stylus10
01-04-2018, 07:29 PM
so in an effort to get to work i uninstalled and reinstalled. now it wont accept my licence. i quit! i'm going to bed. i sure would like to work but this has beaten me for yet another day. damn.

stylus10
01-05-2018, 07:04 AM
i reinstalled it and it works now. thanks for looking. d. edit: and then i happened again. i was working with a 2015 file and each time i imported the objects, the surfaces panel disappeared. this was a continuing problem in that different scenes and clearing everything did now bring it back. so i opened the objects in modeler and put the surfaces in the principled shader and now i can open it in layout without losing the surfaces panel. so far.... so good.

zapper1998
01-05-2018, 08:11 AM
have you put the config folder shortcut on the Layout and Modeler exe's ??

so they have there own Configs?, might be an issue, having multiple installations of Lightwave its a must to have the Configs separate and plugins and presets separate for multiple installs.

JamesCurtis
01-06-2018, 02:41 PM
In a LW install, the cofigs should [do] get written to their own folder/directory. However, if you forget to shut down the Hub after using any version of LW, you can corrupt, or pollute the configuration files with improper information.Maybe you've done this accidentally. In a way, I wish the Hub would just close itself immediately, and only stay active if either LW and/or Modeler or both were open.

Doctor49152
04-30-2018, 07:49 PM
I'm now having this same issue but with modeller. I press F5 and I see a flash of the surface editor window. Then it's gone. LW 2018.3 Win 10.