PDA

View Full Version : LW 2018 installer damaged on Mac.

DBMiller
01-01-2018, 09:40 AM
I've seen a few people with trouble installing LW2018 on a Mac. I had the same issue with the installer being damaged after expanding. I used StuffitExpander instead of the Archive Utility that comes withe MacOS and it works fine.

Verlon
01-01-2018, 09:44 AM
but it should still work on a clean install of MacOS.

Also, someone said it worked with Stuffit 15, but not the latest version?

DBMiller
01-01-2018, 09:46 AM
I have version 15 as well. Lucky I guess.

Sean Martin
01-01-2018, 10:04 AM
yes got it to work using stuffit expander, off to a good start on the mac version then!

ConjureBunny
01-01-2018, 09:39 PM
After you unzip it, the Mac installer still has the Apple quarantine extended attribute left on. I'm not sure how or why that is.

But, one way around it is to open the Terminal and type this...

xattr -d com.apple.quarantine <file path>

So on mine, it's like this...
xattr -d com.apple.quarantine /Users/chilton/Downloads/LightWave_2018.0_OSX_installer.app

And then you can double-click it to launch the installer.

-Chilton

CaptainMarlowe
01-01-2018, 11:34 PM
I didnít have to remove hte quarnatine with a command line. I just put up the unzipped file from the trashcan to the desktop and uncompressed with 7zip. Done. (Demo version on a iMac with a completely messed OS X install pf snow mountain, because I am on holidays with my older computer, so didnít try on Hish Sierra yet).

Edit: i tried the first time with the unarchiver, which didnít work.

Ozymandias
01-02-2018, 11:47 AM
Hello,

The above fix for MAC installations worked fine. Thanks Mr ConjureBunny !

lwanmtr
01-03-2018, 11:32 PM
I hope they are going to fix this. Wonder if no there tested it?

alexs3d
01-04-2018, 06:47 AM
for me it worked with "7zX" , with the native mac uncompressing it does not work

Felipe Soto
01-05-2018, 04:27 PM
I am having problems with damaged installer; ConjureBuny mention opening the "Terminal". Where?

thanks,
Felipe

Verlon
01-05-2018, 04:29 PM
I am having problems with damaged installer; ConjureBuny mention opening the "Terminal". Where?

thanks,
Felipe
Hit command and space, type terminal.

Felipe Soto
01-05-2018, 05:35 PM
Thanks for the help Verion! Installing now!

Verlon
01-06-2018, 07:32 AM
Alright, a quick step by step for anyone having trouble on the Mac.
Once you download you LW2018, open a finder window and click on downloads so you can see the Lightwave_2018.0_OSX_installer icon.
Press <Command> <spacebar> to bring up the finder window
Type Terminal and hit <enter>. this should bring up the finder window.
In the finder window type xattr -d com.apple.quarantine (do NOT press enter yet)
Click and drag the installer icon from wherever it is to the space just after the .quarantine above. This will automatically fill in the path for you.
NOW hit enter.
Now double-click on install and watch it run as normal.

No external software needed. I am not saying its okay, because this is a silly thing to get through testing, but at least you have your software.