PDA

View Full Version : LW 2018 Contents?

Revanto
01-01-2018, 04:28 AM
Does anyone know what is in the LW2018 contents zip?

Is there an overview somewhere?

Is it worth downloading?

Rev. :p

JamesCurtis
01-01-2018, 08:54 AM
As far as I can tell, since I just downloaded them last night, mind you, it is such stuff that demonstrates the new features - for the most part, and the changes in the older features from 2015.3.

jeric_synergy
01-01-2018, 09:21 AM
It seems, FROM LOOKING AT THE THREADS, one of the biggest speed bumps will be resurfacing old assets.

So, content that only demos new features would have been easier to generate. (And less quantity, of course.)

It would be good/really nice if an experienced 2018 user posted a PROCESS that would allow less experienced users a step-by-step approach to duplicating the look of their old meshes in the new shader/rendering system(s).

Umbra
01-12-2018, 02:34 PM
Where do you download the contents? I see no link on the page of the demo download and see no content installed with the demo either.

UnCommonGrafx
01-12-2018, 02:38 PM
In your account at Lightwave3d.com, 3rd or 4th in the list.
Robert

Umbra
01-12-2018, 03:10 PM
Ok. I think I understand. You have to register for the 30-day trial for all this to appear in the account. I was putting that off until I had more free time, running discovery mode for now. Not optimal, but if that's the way they prefer to do it. Thank you.

GraphXs
01-12-2018, 04:20 PM
It's not to bad to get converting 2015 to 2018...in the surface editor just right click on a surface go to convert and select the standard to pbr. That will get ya started...then tweak the materials away... I would also recommend tweaking the lights...i would say starting over with the light rig would be faster. Also look at using the surface presets to get things converted faster...like metals.

Airwaves
01-30-2018, 04:19 PM
It's not to bad to get converting 2015 to 2018...in the surface editor just right click on a surface go to convert and select the standard to pbr. That will get ya started...then tweak the materials away... I would also recommend tweaking the lights...i would say starting over with the light rig would be faster. Also look at using the surface presets to get things converted faster...like metals.

Just double checking as I am trying to understand the new 2018. I had a lot of surface presets and a lot of them were defaults like colors that are no longer in there. Can I put my presets back into 2018 and if so how?

Airwaves
01-30-2018, 04:56 PM
Just double checking as I am trying to understand the new 2018. I had a lot of surface presets and a lot of them were defaults like colors that are no longer in there. Can I put my presets back into 2018 and if so how?

Ignore. I am pasting the presets to see which ones work and don't I figured it couldn't hurt to try so I answered my own question. Just paste them into the files.

Greenlaw
01-30-2018, 06:04 PM
It would be good/really nice if an experienced 2018 user posted a PROCESS that would allow less experienced users a step-by-step approach to duplicating the look of their old meshes in the new shader/rendering system(s).

Although it's not out for the general public yet, I highly recommend Rebel Hill's Lighting, Shading, and Rendering in LightWave 2018 training videos. I had been struggling a bit with new workflow and understanding how to optimize my renders, but RH's course got me back on track quickly. At the moment there are 28 videos in the set and he's making more for this series.

Not sure when he plans to release the final videos but he has an early bird offer for current RH customers. There's more info in this thread: New Video Training (http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?155497-New-video-training-for-2018/page5&highlight=rebel+hill+lighting+rendering).

jeric_synergy
01-30-2018, 07:28 PM
Good info, Greenlaw, thanks.

DonJMyers
01-31-2018, 03:56 PM
They give away a number of nice assets including HUGE images of the earth, many of the monsters and creatures are not baked animation, they are fulled boned IK creatures ready to be animated in your own stuff.