PDA

View Full Version : bones don'e move model

Captain Chaos
12-29-2017, 03:04 PM
The rig I made isn't controlling my model. I'm sure it's something simple but I'm stumped. Any help would be greatly appreciated. File attached

dee
12-29-2017, 04:05 PM
Select all bones and set the Strength of bone properties to 100%.
;)

Ma3rk
12-29-2017, 04:07 PM
[QUOTE=Captain Chaos;1529942]The rig I made isn't controlling my model. I'm sure it's something simple but I'm stumped. Any help would be greatly appreciated. File attached/QUOTE]

Basic math: Anything times zero = zero.

Select the Bones tab on the bottom of the UI. Then use the Middle Mouse to marquee select all of them. Tap P to bring up the bones property panel & change the strength of ALL bones at the same time.

jeric_synergy
12-30-2017, 12:09 PM
#aflw How did that happen??

+: I always forget about Marquee Select. :foreheads:

Ma3rk
12-30-2017, 12:48 PM
#aflw How did that happen??

+: I always forget about Marquee Select. :foreheads:

I didn't know about it for the longest time actually. I happened to be watching on of RH's tut's and he used it and I went "Whoa, whoa, whoa! What did you just do?" (Actually, I wrote him & he told me). It's a basic funtion of LW, but I wasn't getting my mouse to do it. Turns out that even though you can allegdely customize a Logitech tracball's configuration to indiviual applications, it doesn't work, at least not for Layout & Modeler. For years I had my MMB set to a double click. So once I disabled that & went back to the default config and retrained my finger memory, it all worked as it was supposed to.

jeric_synergy
12-30-2017, 12:57 PM
LOL, I hear you. Many times the most valuable tip I get from a video is not the purported topic of the video, but something that is merely incidental to the process.

Captain Chaos
01-02-2018, 07:23 AM
Select all bones and set the Strength of bone properties to 100%.
;)

Thanks. I used to make all of my bones as skelegons but since that has mysteriously disappeared from modeler I'm doing them in layout. I guess the default is different.

Ma3rk
01-02-2018, 08:13 AM
Thanks. I used to make all of my bones as skelegons but since that has mysteriously disappeared from modeler I'm doing them in layout. I guess the default is different.

Disappeared? Care to elaborate? The skelegons or the menu items?

Captain Chaos
01-02-2018, 03:48 PM
Disappeared? Care to elaborate? The skelegons or the menu items?

Disappeared from the menu, similar to the other issue you helped me with. I just added edge bevel back to the menu per your previous instructions. Probably need to do the same with skelegons.