PDA

View Full Version : mirror hierarchy

Captain Chaos
12-18-2017, 08:33 AM
I'm trying to rig a figure in Lightwave layout 11.6 on mac. I want to mirror hierarchy but I can't find a button for it. The tutorials I've seen have a button under "setup" but I don't. I'm attaching a screen grab of what I'm seeing.138896

Ma3rk
12-18-2017, 11:52 AM
I'm on Windows but most likely is easily correctable.

Go into the Edit Menu Layout and unfortunately 11.6 doesn't have as convenient a Search function as 2015, but in the Windows version there's more than one so be aware of that. There's MirrorHierarchy (note the spelling) as well as BT_MirrorHierarchy. The first when added will add a button labeled MirrorHierarchy where as the BT_ version will label it Mirror Hierarchy. The BT_version seems to be the preferred.

Captain Chaos
12-19-2017, 01:56 PM
I'm on Windows but most likely is easily correctable.

Go into the Edit Menu Layout and unfortunately 11.6 doesn't have as convenient a Search function as 2015, but in the Windows version there's more than one so be aware of that. There's MirrorHierarchy (note the spelling) as well as BT_MirrorHierarchy. The first when added will add a button labeled MirrorHierarchy where as the BT_ version will label it Mirror Hierarchy. The BT_version seems to be the preferred.

That fixed it. Not sure why I needed to do that but thanks for your help.

Ma3rk
12-19-2017, 04:22 PM
Could be any number of things actually. I usually just chalk it up to Evil Spirits. Ooo! Look at that. You were my 666th posting. It'll probably change though once I post this reply.

Anyway, for the past several versions of LW, I've made it a habit of saving off the Menu configs & Shortcut keys for both Layout & Modeler, pretty much for this reason. There are some Presets and that might have gotten you back, but not if you've made any changes which you'd lose if you reset to one of those.

After a new install, I save a FreshOuttaTheBox_LayoutMENUS.cfg for example. Once I've got things where I like, I then save a series of MyLastModified... cfg's for the four main items. Process is probably the same for Mac; just save them off to a place you can remember. I just put them in the root of the current version as they won't interfere there, easy to find, and can tell which version they're for.