PDA

View Full Version : Windows XP Color Picker

Earl
12-22-2003, 02:29 PM
Hey, does anyone know of a way to replace the default Windows XP color picker? I really hate that POS dialogue, which seems to follow each version of Windows like the stench from a porta-potty. I'm not referring to changing it from within LW - I know there's an option to do that. I'm looking for a way to change it to a more acceptable picker for any application that calls up the default WinXP color dialogue.

I have a sinking feeling that since nothing come up at ZDNet downloads that there just isn't anything out there capable of doing this. Well, I thought maybe someone here might know... thanks for anything!

mrunion
12-22-2003, 02:51 PM
Modeler -> Options -> Display Options -> Interface Tab -> Color Picker = LW_ColrPikr.

Similar for Layout I believe.

Earl
12-22-2003, 04:32 PM
Thanks...but as stated, I'm actually looking for a fix for Windows XP - not LW. See, other programs (such as Painter 8) use the standard Windows XP color picker - which sucks. So I'm looking for a way to swap out the standard Windows color picker for all applications. Not all are kind enough to offer the option as LW does.

Aegis
12-22-2003, 04:40 PM
I have to agree - Window's colour picker is and has always been crap - surely one of the ugliest and most uninspired OS kludges ever...

My favourite colour picker was the Mac OS 8 box 'o crayons - fairly useless but highly entertaining :D

mrunion
12-22-2003, 07:11 PM
I misunderstood. Yeah, the color picker in Windows is pretty much crap.