PDA

View Full Version : LOTR box office.....

ronin1
12-22-2003, 02:17 PM
http://movieweb.com/movies/box_office/

http://www.leesmovieinfo.net/wbotitle.php?t=2057

101 million so far.... and remember, this movie is 3.5 hours long, and played in 3703 theaters...

Thats alot of popcorn!!!

art
12-22-2003, 02:35 PM
And idea when the 3rd part is coming out on a DVD? Probably withing a few months, I hope.
I want to buy the whole thing and watch it all at once. I watched part 1, but i'm restraing myself from seeing 2 towers and now the last part in order to see the whole picture when the time comes.

nixx
12-22-2003, 03:37 PM
Do watch them Art, you will want to watch them again, trust me ;) And then you can buy the DVDs and have your own LOTR marathon.
The DVDs also have at least 30mins of extra footage each, so it will still be a kind of a "new" experience (and I 'm talking about footage that matters, not just DVD fillers).

nick

art
12-22-2003, 03:42 PM
I dont know :)
Maybe i'll just wait... or maybe I'll rent 2 towers this weekend :)

VWTornado
12-22-2003, 05:39 PM
yeah, rent the 2 towers now, so you can see the return of the king in theaters...its the best by far. i have seen it twice already (in the first 5 days of release). :D

videoguy
12-22-2003, 06:16 PM
acutally the dvds that will come out in a couple months is the theatrical version they will release the extended dvd next november it will have an hour and 5 minutes of extra footage in the movie . two towers had 40 some mintues and fellowship had 38 minutes of xtra footage

archiea
12-22-2003, 06:36 PM
For me, its the audience experience... Especially for a movie like LOTR..withs its fan base....

For me thats part of the show...

nixx
12-22-2003, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by videoguy
they will release the extended dvd next november

Do you know that for sure ? Because I thought the previous two Extended Editions took a while to come out because they had to work on post production for the next movie at the same time... but now there is no next movie. But I 'm just speculating, I may very well be wrong...

nick

videoguy
12-22-2003, 08:03 PM
well they will release the regular dvd in july and the extended dvd in november the post production work is finished for it becuase the way they do it is edit it the way they want it to then thats the version they use for the extended dvd then they edit it for the theaters for length. however if they neeed to do more effects shots for it they will do that now. remember peter jackson is now in the process of writint a new king kong. then hes going to do the hobbit

VWTornado
12-22-2003, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by archiea
For me, its the audience experience... Especially for a movie like LOTR..withs its fan base....

For me thats part of the show...

I agree. I have seen it twice..the first crowd was OK, but didn't react much. The 2nd crowd laughed and cried and was scared, etc... It actually made the movie better like that. Except for the jacka$$ that answered his cell phone in the theater. :mad: I wanted to shove the phone down his throat.

archiea
12-23-2003, 12:43 AM
I thought they updated the laws on manslaughter, where you can kill someone in self defense or when their cell phone rings in a theater...