PDA

View Full Version : Help with alembic exporter in 2015.3?

WYoder
12-15-2017, 09:55 AM
I'm trying to export an alembic file of an animated model to use in RealFlow, but I seem to be doing something incorrectly. Once exported, it will play the animation, but it will also rotate wildly the whole time. I've been having a difficult time finding much documentation or tutorials on exporting alembics, so i'm at a bit of a standstill here. I will attach a screenshot of the settings i've primarily been using. From my understanding, Ogawa is the optimal format for alembics, and switching to HDF5 doesn't seem to make much of a difference.

WYoder
12-19-2017, 04:30 PM
Slight update: I managed to figure out the reason for the wild rotation. One of the handles for my rig seemed to be causing it, so i've deleted all the keyframes attached to it and will try re-animating it tomorrow to see if it happens again. However, I deleted all of the keyframes off of everything in the scene just to test, and the model is still a little askew once exported as an Alembic. It's like the model rotates backwards about 45 degrees during the export process for some reason. I'm not sure what's causing it, but I can probably just manually fix that in RealFlow.