PDA

View Full Version : Puppet Master

glassefx
12-22-2003, 02:04 PM
Just wondering if their is a new puppet master for the new post 5.6 LW? And if not if their is a way to do this without plug-in. If not, whats the reason you would'nt?

Dodgy
12-22-2003, 06:28 PM
Well, there's Bendypoints, which I've had problems getting working, or you can use sockmonkey, which comes with LW, and you use selection sets with that.

As for why, it really depends on what you want to do with it....

soulstealer
10-18-2005, 05:43 PM
Puppet Master was incorporated into the MESSIAH plug-in and software suite. The original Puppet Master works just fine in LW 7.5 (I just used it yesterday) I only had some minor problems loading in some of my lw5.6 scenes that used it. You do need to set at least one of the PUPPET SECTIONS to be VISIBLE (wireframe ok) in layout only but not in the render (turn off seen by camera etc) This FIXES a LW7.5 INCOMPATIBILITY and FORCES the PUPPET ANCHOR to render in layout with METAMATION turned on. If you dont do this the PUPPET ANCHOR OBJECT will be invisible in layout but the METAMATION TARGET will show only in final render!
I HEAR the NEW LW SOCKMONKEY stinks so I havent bothered with it yet.....maybe later..........

Panikos
10-18-2005, 06:51 PM
The LW-PuppetMaster plugin works but under some preconditions, Anchor loaded last etc

Too much hastle.
I use messiah, problems over :D

mebrown2
11-18-2009, 09:25 AM
soulstealer
I have around 300 lightwave 3d scenes that were created long ago by a company that no longer exists. I am trying to open them but lightwave is looking for several plugins that I cannot find. They are...Puppet Section and Puppet Anchor which I believe to all be a part of Puppet Master. Where can I find this plugin....help