PDA

View Full Version : 20 days til the death of lw ?

gar26lw
12-11-2017, 05:59 AM
time for some life in the corpse.

lardbros
12-11-2017, 06:30 AM
Yeah.... great thread you've started here, you should be so proud of yourself... well done

TheLexx
12-11-2017, 06:46 AM
I am quite sympathetic to those who were left without bug fixes in their 2015, but in other cases I can't help wondering if some lengthy complaints about LW Next have already been written before it's release.

gar26lw
12-11-2017, 07:06 AM
Yeah.... great thread you've started here, you should be so proud of yourself... well done

well, i wasnt gonna be the first to say it but thanks! ;)

gar26lw
12-11-2017, 07:09 AM
I am quite sympathetic to those who were left without bug fixes in their 2015, but in other cases I can't help wondering if some lengthy complaints about LW Next have already been written before it's release.

yeah, personally, id like something, anything to show some life. i started this as a number of users have set end of year as a deadline to make a decision. if anyone still wants to fanboi at this point, be my guest.

couple of quotes from the end of the modo lw thread -

“They're starting to drop out left and right now. Long-time Lightwave users. I think it's pretty clear, at this point, that NewTek/LW3DG just doesn't care about it's (dwindling) user base. It's starting to become clear, that they don't care for Lightwave's future either. At this point, if they think that (if) when they release "Next", that there will be a welcoming user base left...I think they're dreaming. Maybe LW really IS dead at this point, and we just don't know it yet?”

“Or you are still in denial about its passing?
It is one of the fases of grieving, you will get over it.
The 5 stages of grief and loss are: 1. Denial and isolation; 2. Anger; 3. Bargaining; 4. Depression; 5. Acceptance.
Good luck :)”

go have a read over there and see how this non communication and updates thing is working out.

personally, id like to keep using this software but lwg are doing their level best to stop that from happening. lots of other people feel the same way, im just the fool that posts about ut here.

remember that sw quote? “whos the more fooolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?”

http://community.foundry.com/discuss/topic/128032/lightwave-3d-blog-update

SBowie
12-11-2017, 07:24 AM
yeah, personally, id like something, anything to show some life. i started this as a number of users have set end of year as a deadline to make a decision. if anyone still wants to fanboi at this point, be my guest.Nah, sorry - we've got one long rambling thread on this topic already (and there have been one or two others). Having a clear tendency to become inflammatory, the topic requires frequent monitoring, which in turn takes considerable amounts of my time. For this reason, I'm keeping all of the drama in one place. I'm not questioning anyone's intentions, just being practical.