PDA

View Full Version : HELP! VTC Room PTZ camera support for Extron and Vaddio system for NDI

dpavid
12-08-2017, 06:13 PM
One of our clients just installed a VTC system. We stream, record and broadcast a sales traingin once per month company wide from this room and we'd like to use the new PTZ cameras over NDI. The components in the rack are:

Extron DTP crosspoint 4k series digital presentation matrix
Extraon DMP 128 Plus digital matrix processor
TP Link gigaport switch
Vadddio RoboSHOT 12 HDMI

Is it possible to connect one network cable into the tp link gigaport switch to see all the cameras sourcces into a TC860 standard edition based on the limited info above and components listed? I know it might be vague but any help would be appreciated.

kanep
12-08-2017, 10:58 PM
As far as I can tell, those cameras have only a HDMI output. So you would need something to convert HDMI into NDI. The Spark HDMI unit can do this, you would need one unit for each camera.
https://www.newtek.com/connect/spark/

The Spark has a HDMI pass through, so you can connect it up via NDI and still have it connect into your Extron system at the same time.

If you have more than two cameras, you might want to upgrade to Advanced Edition on your TC860. With Standard Edition you can bring up to two NDI sources using the NET inputs, with Advanced Edition you can bring up to 12 NDI sources into the system.

dpavid
12-09-2017, 01:30 AM
As far as I can tell, those cameras have only a HDMI output. So you would need something to convert HDMI into NDI. The Spark HDMI unit can do this, you would need one unit for each camera.
https://www.newtek.com/connect/spark/

The Spark has a HDMI pass through, so you can connect it up via NDI and still have it connect into your Extron system at the same time.

If you have more than two cameras, you might want to upgrade to Advanced Edition on your TC860. With Standard Edition you can bring up to two NDI sources using the NET inputs, with Advanced Edition you can bring up to 12 NDI sources into the system.

Thank you! Probably make it easier too.

PIZAZZ
12-09-2017, 11:34 AM
Thank you! Probably make it easier too.

Yep. Spark that sucker up