PDA

View Full Version : save transformed multiple

hypersuperduper
12-08-2017, 08:36 AM
I want to do a simple offset along the z axis on 100 objects with about ten layers each. just a nudge really. there are so many however that I want to do it in layout, using save transformed object or a modeler command.

there are modeler tools in layout that scale the objects, rotate the object but none that move it from what I can tell.

Executing the move command in the modeler tools tab in layout does not do what I want. I type move 0 0 1 or move 1 1 1 or move (100, 100, 32423) and it just flattens out the object on the y axis no matter what i input.

I am also having trouble using all of the available multiple object save transformed plugins: I have tried cp_SaveTranformed, SR_SaveTransformed_v0.1.0, and MG_Save_Selected. All of them return an error.

I am using a Mac.

Does anyone have an idea how to solve this?

Sensei
12-08-2017, 09:22 AM
Bake Scene plugin is probably what you are searching for..
http://www2.trueart.pl/?URIType=Directory&URI=Products/Plug-Ins/BakeScene

You press button and have entire scene from Layout in single .lwo object.

Do you have Windows also installed somewhere?
You could transfer scene from Mac to Windows (emulator?), run this tool, and take back just .lwo with .mdd files..

prometheus
12-08-2017, 09:55 AM
is save transformed necessary?..do you have displacement deforms on it?

otherwise I do not think you have to pay for any plugin for this task ..nor actually use any plugin, save your scenefile in fbx format, reload in to modeler ..but uncheck the checkbox "load each object in to seperate layers"
that should merge all objects, then there are free plugins,
that can save multiple objects that are deformed in to one object, but can not recall which right now.
Unfortunately you are on a mac by your own decision or some other fact that caused that issue :D

Check this search string or do your own..
https://www.lightwave3d.com/assets/plugins/contains/save%20all/

hypersuperduper
12-08-2017, 11:53 AM
is save transformed necessary?..do you have displacement deforms on it?

otherwise I do not think you have to pay for any plugin for this task ..nor actually use any plugin, save your scenefile in fbx format, reload in to modeler ..but uncheck the checkbox "load each object in to seperate layers"
that should merge all objects, then there are free plugins,
that can save multiple objects that are deformed in to one object, but can not recall which right now.
Unfortunately you are on a mac by your own decision or some other fact that caused that issue :D

Check this search string or do your own..
https://www.lightwave3d.com/assets/plugins/contains/save%20all/
Thanks for the helpful replies.

Unfortunately, I need to retain my object structure and layer names/order, so anything that goes through modeler and consoldidates my objects is not going to work. Really, I don’t want to use save transform at all. I want a “move” modeler tool in layout right next to the rotate and stretch tools. Why that doesn’t exist boggles the mind.

I found empchans save_transformed+ and it sort of works but it creates new objects for every layer. A modeler script that opened the objects in a folder and performs a simple numeric transform is sort of what I need.

Sensei
12-08-2017, 11:59 AM
Thanks for the helpful replies.

Unfortunately, I need to retain my object structure and layer names/order, so anything that goes through modeler and consoldidates my objects is not going to work. Really, I don’t want to use save transform at all. I want a “move” modeler tool in layout right next to the rotate and stretch tools. Why that doesn’t exist boggles the mind.

I found empchans save_transformed+ and it sort of works but it creates new objects for every layer. A modeler script that opened the objects in a folder and performs a simple numeric transform is sort of what I need.

Are you using part name?
If not, it could be used to store information about orginal object name..

Workflow would be: load 100 objects, consolidate them all, move, split them, save.

MonroePoteet
12-08-2017, 12:42 PM
Sorry for my confusion, but if you're not going to use Save Transformed, why not just parent all 100 objects to a Null in Scene Editor and move the Null? Are you actually trying to change the "origin" (pivot point) of the mesh in each of the 100 objects in the LWO object files, or just move all of them in Layout?

mTp

hypersuperduper
12-08-2017, 01:15 PM
Sorry for my confusion, but if you're not going to use Save Transformed, why not just parent all 100 objects to a Null in Scene Editor and move the Null? Are you actually trying to change the "origin" (pivot point) of the mesh in each of the 100 objects in the LWO object files, or just move all of them in Layout?

mTp
I would like to move the vertices themselves. Basically each of these 100+ multilayered objects are exported to unity and referenced and instanced by name in a script which is why the layer names need to be maintained. I would like to do a small shift in the vertex positions of every single layer of every object. I have used the modeler tools in layout to perform similar batch changes on multiple items (scaling etc) and it works quite well, but I can’t move all the vertices in one direction for some strange reason. I can of do the shift somewhere else like in unity, but I would prefer to change the source data directly, in this case the meshes themselves.

prometheus
12-08-2017, 03:21 PM
I would like to move the vertices themselves. Basically each of these 100+ multilayered objects are exported to unity and referenced and instanced by name in a script which is why the layer names need to be maintained. I would like to do a small shift in the vertex positions of every single layer of every object. I have used the modeler tools in layout to perform similar batch changes on multiple items (scaling etc) and it works quite well, but I can’t move all the vertices in one direction for some strange reason. I can of do the shift somewhere else like in unity, but I would prefer to change the source data directly, in this case the meshes themselves.

sounds a bit of confusing to me when you talk about "small shift in the vertex positions of every single layer of every object" what vertex position? any of every single object on itīs own layer doesnīt have a vertex position, donīt you mean the origin pivot of every object in their own layer?

And if so I would think that some part move node stuff would do?

hypersuperduper
12-08-2017, 03:23 PM
Update!!!

I figured out how the syntax on the move command is supposed to be by looking at the bundled sdk documentation of all places.

I can happily report that IF for some wacky reason anyone ever wants to move the points on lots of meshes at once by a set vector all you need to do is.

1. load them into layout
2. select them
open the execute command tool and
type "move <0 2 0>" or whatever vector you desire
and lickety split the points in all of your objects in layout (2704 in my case) will all move 2 meters up.

You need the "<>". that's what defines a vector.

hypersuperduper
12-08-2017, 03:29 PM
sounds a bit of confusing to me when you talk about "small shift in the vertex positions of every single layer of every object" what vertex position? any of every single object on itīs own layer doesnīt have a vertex position, donīt you mean the origin pivot of every object in their own layer?

And if so I would think that some part move node stuff would do?

I meant moving ALL of the vertices in an object by a set vector. i.e. The move tool in modeler with nothing/everything selected, but doing that for 2704 objects/layers at once without losing my mind.

Anyways, I got it to do what I wanted, maybe someone else needs a similar solution at one point.

Its the sort of thing that you don't need often, but when you need it you REALLY need it.

jeric_synergy
12-08-2017, 05:51 PM
Hmmm. Couldn't you just parent everything to a null, move the null, and "Save All Transformed"?

EDIT: Read upthread: "Neverrrrrr miiiiiind."

Sensei
12-08-2017, 05:54 PM
Hmmm. Couldn't you just parent everything to a null, move the null, and "Save All Transformed"?

It will turn sub-patches to triangles..

hypersuperduper
12-08-2017, 06:35 PM
Does save all transformed exist? I can’t find it if it does. That’s what drove me to pluginland in the first place.