PDA

View Full Version : encoders..

peji
12-22-2003, 11:14 AM
i've searched this forum and found nothing about video encoders so i'll just post a new thread... does anybody have a suggestiong for viideo encoders for rendering? i currently use "full uncompressed" coz i've noticed it's good quality but the downside is its file size and my pc can't seem to play it smoothly unless i encode t to another file type like divx..what do you guys use? thanx in advance:)

Cutty
12-22-2003, 11:45 AM
Your doing right! Keep your footage full frame uncompressed until you are ready to compress it. Many highend post-process programs (DFX+ and Combustion) will allow you to work with the hi-res footage relatively easily (with some limitations) even on a weak system.

Finally, bring your uncompressed post-processed footage into your encoding software (like: Windows Media 9 encoder or the Quicktime Pro) and compress it to whatever file size (vs quality) you need. Windows Media 9 can easily compress a 900meg file to 5meg (or even 2) with excellent quality.

DFX+ is really good with hi-res footage; especially since you can adjust the playback quality.

peji
12-24-2003, 10:48 AM
thanks for ur reply dude:) i'll check on that dfx and ur windows media suggestion. is that dfx+ downloadable? where can i find some free post processing stuff? thanks again:)