PDA

View Full Version : MDD and Screamernet

CAClark
11-30-2017, 03:09 AM
I have a scene that uses MDD files that work and render correctly locally, but once on a renderfarm they do not work at all.

Is this a known issue with LWSN or is there some specific rule that needs to be obeyed somewhere?

Cheers!

fishhead
11-30-2017, 05:44 AM
What comes to mind:
A. the ContentDirectory? Are you using absolute or relative path´s for the mdd´s?
B. a rights issue: has the account of the render node the proper rights to access the mdd´s?

Other than that: I suppose the output (log) of lwsn.exe would possibly be able to help to narrow the issue doen...

Sensei
11-30-2017, 06:01 AM
Map letter to disk/folder in network,
or use network paths like \\user\drive\folder\filename.mdd

Chrusion
12-01-2017, 08:55 PM
No problem using MDDs for me. I'm using BNR 6.5 on a network of 10 machines. I use UNC paths for creating Layout scenes. That is, \\computer\drive\path\to\content\directory for selecting Content Directory (with the standard subfolders: scenes, images, renders, dynamics, vertcache), and UNC for all plugins in the LW_EXT config file. The Content Directory (or entire drive) on the host must be shared with the network, with appropriately set permissions (I use the everyone group set to full read/write) so that the clients can see and access the files.