PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas

badllarma
12-22-2003, 08:41 AM
Well I just like to wish every one a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year especially the guys and girls at Newtek.
Thought I'd do it now before the PC is offically classed as out of bounds for a few days and the Christmas spirit really takes hold! :D

colkai
12-22-2003, 08:55 AM
Looking forward to not going to work.
No mind-numbing journeys for a week.
And plenty of scotch in the house.

..but I don't believe for a minute folks here won't be taking a daily peek on Newteks website.

badllarma
12-22-2003, 09:10 AM
Look after yourself mate, sorry to hear about your friend wish you all the best to you and your better half in the New Year.

cresshead
12-22-2003, 09:28 AM
colkai, i'm also sorry to hear about your friend, so take care and have a restful xmas n plenty of glasses of *_______* well fill the blank with your fav tipple...maybe take in ROTK to escape reality for 3.5 hours...could do you some good.

stee+cats [all 4 of 'em!]

BeeVee
12-22-2003, 09:56 AM
"No mind-numbing journeys for a week."

Ha! We're driving up from Bordeaux to Calais the day after Christmas (1000 km), after the ferry we're driving to Westgate (about 40 km, at a guess - about 24 miles). Then on the Sunday we're going to drive into the depths of Norfolk (about 500 km), then the next day drive down to Bath (600 km), then drive back to Kent (another 500km) and from there go to Essex (300 km each way). On the Sunday of the 4th Jan, we head back to France for the last 1000 km before I start work again the following day... :)

I'm truly sorry as well to hear about your friend Colkai. A ****ty thing to happen at any time of the year, but especially just before Christmas. His kids and wife have my sympathy.

B

colkai
12-22-2003, 01:27 PM
Can I just say,
You guys rock! It is a very difficult time at the moment and the support from the LW community is quite something.

I have managed to talk to my friends wife an both she and his daughters are handling it all amazingly well, she was actually more concerned about me and the wife. Astoundingly, his daughter did the display today he was booked to do - I mean - what a girl.
But then, that's what they are like - wonderful folk, which makes it more important for me to try and help them.

Everyone has been really kind, it does mean a lot and I can only thank you all for your support and hope you all have a kick a** Xmas.

We shall be toasting Rob's memory with a passion and trying our damndest to keep his wildlife hospital running, because that was what was important to him. So that is what is important to us.

Like I said - the Lw community rocks, raise a glass to yourselves, you've helped more than you could know!
Merry Xmas to all.

colkai
12-22-2003, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by BeeVee
Ha! We're driving ...(1000 km),...(about 40 km....about 500 km), ... (600 km), then drive back to Kent (another 500km) ...the last 1000 km before I start work again the following day... :)

Okay, okay, I get it - you're a masochist ;)
Thanks Ben - I'd say take it easy - but I can tell that ain't going to happen :D

BeeVee
12-23-2003, 01:50 AM
Not me mate! I'd rather curl up on the sofa with plenty of booze and watch the Great Escape (it's bound to be on!). It's my wife. She wants to see everyone, she's the one driving (I don't have my licence anyway). :)

Happy Christmas.

B

Dodgy
12-23-2003, 02:43 AM
Merry Christmas and a happy new year :)

Our thoughts are with you colkai.

Exper
12-23-2003, 05:34 AM
Merry Christmas and a happy New Year! :D

hrgiger
12-23-2003, 05:47 AM
Merry Christmas all.

Hopefully it will be a good new year with all the new stuff in LW8. I'm sure we're going to see a lot of good stuff in the galleries next year.

siproductions
12-23-2003, 06:33 AM
Merry Christmas to all and take care of yourself colkai. You will be in our thoughts.:)

shermanlu
12-23-2003, 07:31 AM
Merry Christmas to all of you.

I feel it will be here today......[8]...X!!^_^!!X

colkai
12-23-2003, 03:03 PM
By way of a XMas present, here's something I've been constructing.

Badllama and Kevin Stubbs have seen this already, (this is the completed version guys!).

I would ask that you honour the comment in the ZIP file.
I retain the rights to the model and if you wish to use it commercially / for profit, or distribute it, you must agree terms with me before hand.
This, not surprisingly, will take the form of a donation to Gentleshaw of a mutally agreed amount.

Of course, if you like it and wish to donate something as a thank you - I would not complain ;)

Some of the textures are IFW2 so if you do not have this - you'll have to edit the surfaces.
It isn't meant to be 'photo-realistic' but then the original props weren't really either :p

It is a fair size - 9.59 MB so apologies beforehand to those on dial-up.

http://www.colkai.dsl.pipex.com/miscwork/colkai_tardis_cc.zip

Here is a sample render of the *almost* final version.

Merry XMas folks!

Dodgy
12-23-2003, 05:06 PM
Ooh WEE ooooohhh!

Cool :)

You know they're writing a new series right now for 2005 right?

And they don't know who the doctor will be.....

Beamtracer
12-23-2003, 06:34 PM
Enjoy your Christmas dinners. Watch out for the Mad Cow disease in the beef.

Chong
12-26-2003, 06:01 PM
Here's merry Xmas to all!

My only wish is for Newtek to do a good job on v8!

archiea
12-26-2003, 06:08 PM
:mad: Bah-Hum-bug!:mad: