pixym
11-28-2017, 08:39 PM
In beta only ?

gamedesign1
11-28-2017, 09:04 PM
No its full release

Lito
11-28-2017, 10:13 PM
Hmm didn't get an email and don't see it yet on the wtools site.

calilifestyle
11-28-2017, 10:16 PM
http://www.lwcad.com/html/main/new.php

Lito
11-28-2017, 11:37 PM
Thanks... I didn't even remember about lwcad.com site. My bookmarks are still at pointed at wtools. :)

blindsided
11-29-2017, 04:55 AM
The DL link isn't working for me. Anyone else managed it?
jm

Chris S. (Fez)
11-29-2017, 05:01 AM
The DL link isn't working for me. Anyone else managed it?
jm

Just downloaded and installed to Lightwave and Max.

blindsided
11-29-2017, 05:05 AM
Just downloaded and installed to Lightwave and Max.

Ahh thanks, maybe work firewall!!

gar26lw
11-29-2017, 05:44 AM
Thanks... I didn't even remember about lwcad.com site. My bookmarks are still at pointed at wtools. :)

same here

Ma3rk
11-29-2017, 06:39 AM
Maybe this question is more for Viktor as I never received any e-message others are mentioning, but is the process to upgrade to 5.5 to first transfer licenses from WTools to LWCad?

I can log on to lwcad.com and it sees my licenses, and that seems to be the only option available. There's no explanation.

I was able to d/l the lwcad 5.5 zip but really want more details before installing.

Lito
11-29-2017, 07:57 AM
When I logged in to the LWCAD site, I didn't know what transfer licenses meant so I skipped it and when I tried to activate my LWCAD 5.5 it failed when I put in my old serial number, so I did the transfer license (which means transfer the old serial number from the wtools version to the new lwcad version) and everything went fine. I didn't use the install program, I installed everything manually. I did the activation via the lightwave LWCAD options panel.

mch
11-29-2017, 08:32 AM
When I logged in to the LWCAD site, I didn't know what transfer licenses meant so I skipped it and when I tried to activate my LWCAD 5.5 it failed when I put in my old serial number, so I did the transfer license (which means transfer the old serial number from the wtools version to the new lwcad version) and everything went fine. I didn't use the install program, I installed everything manually. I did the activation via the lightwave LWCAD options panel.

Hi !
I did the license transfer and have a new serial number in my account but activation did not work.
It says ''No free seats available''.
What went wrong ?

Any ideas ?

I also tried manual activation with the generated code but still the same result.

Now I cannot use LWCAD with the 5.5 Update installed.

Has somebody a solution ?

Regards,

Marcus

Markc
11-29-2017, 11:42 AM
So what is all this transfer business about.
I have LWCad 5, but am oblivious to any changes to the licensing?
Does victor not own it anymore.

Nicolas Jordan
11-29-2017, 12:03 PM
Hi !
I did the license transfer and have a new serial number in my account but activation did not work.
It says ''No free seats available''.
What went wrong ?

Any ideas ?

I also tried manual activation with the generated code but still the same result.

Now I cannot use LWCAD with the 5.5 Update installed.

Has somebody a solution ?

Regards,

Marcus

Viktor talks about the new LWCAD licensing system towards the end of this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbmvBFXixog

I'm not sure if this will help you. I haven't upgraded yet myself but I probably will be soon.

mch
11-29-2017, 03:22 PM
Viktor talks about the new LWCAD licensing system towards the end of this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbmvBFXixog

I'm not sure if this will help you. I haven't upgraded yet myself but I probably will be soon.

Hi Nicolas !

Thanks for pointing to this video !

I already watched this and tried the options.

It seams the whole licensing system and serial numbers have changed.
Maybe the database is not correctly updated:

Viktor just replied to my support e-mail and stated I have licenses for LWCAD 3 and 4 and must buy an update.
This is very strange sicnce I bought a full license of LWCAD 5 in February 2017 and worked with LWCAD 5.2 until today.

I also had a license of version 1 and 2 back in 2006 . . . ;-)
So maybe something happend to the license database . . . ?
I have valid LWCAD licenses 1, 2 and 5 but not versions 3 or 4 . . .

Also I did not get an e-mail concerning the 5.5 update as a LWCAD 5 license holder . . .
''LWCAD 5.5 is a free upgrade for all Version 5 licensed users. (5.0, 5.1, 5.2)''

I wrote back to Viktor and hope he can sort this out.

I really enjoyed modelling with LWCAD 5.2 and would like to use the 5.5 update . . .

Regards,

Marcus

calilifestyle
11-29-2017, 03:51 PM
Hi Nicolas !

Thanks for pointing to this video !

I already watched this and tried the options.

It seams the whole licensing system and serial numbers have changed.
Maybe the database is not correctly updated:

Viktor just replied to my support e-mail and stated I have licenses for LWCAD 3 and 4 and must buy an update.
This is very strange sicnce I bought a full license of LWCAD 5 in February 2017 and worked with LWCAD 5.2 until today.

I also had a license of version 1 and 2 back in 2006 . . . ;-)
So maybe something happend to the license database . . . ?
I have valid LWCAD licenses 1, 2 and 5 but not versions 3 or 4 . . .

Also I did not get an e-mail concerning the 5.5 update as a LWCAD 5 license holder . . .
''LWCAD 5.5 is a free upgrade for all Version 5 licensed users. (5.0, 5.1, 5.2)''

I wrote back to Viktor and hope he can sort this out.

I really enjoyed modelling with LWCAD 5.2 and would like to use the 5.5 update . . .

Regards,

Marcus

You have to log into the new LWcad site and choose transfer license . This will move it over to the new account type. Yeah i was kind of confused at 1st, lets say about 2 hours .

Aww167
11-29-2017, 04:01 PM
Interesting that it says the next major upgrade for the Lightwave version is LWCAD18, expected in March 2018.

mch
11-29-2017, 04:03 PM
You have to log into the new LWcad site and choose transfer license . This will move it over to the new account type. Yeah i was kind of confused at 1st, lets say about 2 hours .

Hi !
Yes - I was confused too and then chose transfer license.
From WTools3d.com to LWCAD.com website . . .
So in the LWCAD.com account there is a new serial number and an Activation Key.
Support / My licenses

Downloaded and installed LWCAD 5.5
e-mail address and new serial entered.
Activation failed.
Activated seats 1/1 . . .

Fine it worked in your case :-)

Regards,

Marcus

calilifestyle
11-29-2017, 04:15 PM
Hi !
Yes - I was confused too and then chose transfer license.
From WTools3d.com to LWCAD.com website . . .
So in the LWCAD.com account there is a new serial number and an Activation Key.
Support / My licenses

Downloaded and installed LWCAD 5.5
e-mail address and new serial entered.
Activation failed.
Activated seats 1/1 . . .

Fine it worked in your case :-)

Regards,

Marcus

That 1/1 activated worries me . I hope this doesn't mean i can't jump over on to my laptop and now lwcad will not work.
I had uninstall 5.2 using the 5.2 exe for it to work and then 5.5 install

mch
11-29-2017, 05:30 PM
That 1/1 activated worries me . I hope this doesn't mean i can't jump over on to my laptop and now lwcad will not work.
I had uninstall 5.2 using the 5.2 exe for it to work and then 5.5 install

Okay ...
Tried 5.2 uninsatall and 5.5 install.
Still the same problem.
LWCAD Activation screen:
No free seats available !

Good comment on second install on laptop.
I also use Lightwave and its plug-ins on my workstation and sometimes on my notebook.
So a second install with the same license is also important.

I hope to get the first install fixed soon . . .
Awaiting Viktors solution.

Regards,

Marcus

Snosrap
11-29-2017, 06:55 PM
He completely redid his database and website. Notice that it is no longer wtools3d.com but now lwcad.com. The first thing you need to do is transfer your license using the link in the e-mail (this puts it into his new system) then download and install and follow the prompts for activation. Takes all of 5 minutes. :)

gar26lw
11-29-2017, 08:21 PM
Interesting that it says the next major upgrade for the Lightwave version is LWCAD18, expected in March 2018.

yeah i posted that in the other thread. you are the only one to pick up in it. i would say it means that’s the target date for next

Spinland
11-30-2017, 03:18 AM
Interesting. Maybe Viktor's server is overwhelmed with interest in the new release. My transfer attempts timed out and now it doesn't even ask, just sends me to the login page where it fails with invalid license or times out again if I try the don't know link. Can't even use the ask a question form, also times out.

Sent him a direct email to his previous address, hopefully that's still good.

Spinland
11-30-2017, 03:27 AM
Wow, Viktor is fast! Already have a response and we're working on the glitch now.

Dude rocks! :rock:

MichaelT
11-30-2017, 05:02 AM
So what is all this transfer business about.
I have LWCad 5, but am oblivious to any changes to the licensing?
Does victor not own it anymore.

He does, he just moved thing to a new site. Since LWCAD now works for 3ds Max & C4D also. Which is a smart move by him.

Luc_Feri
11-30-2017, 08:31 AM
I just got my LWCAD 5.5 update from 5.2. The license transfer went brilliantly well and I was also able install with ease.

Viktor is king!!! :D

Nicolas Jordan
11-30-2017, 09:00 AM
Anyone here know if we can still use previous versions of Lightwave CAD after the license transfer?

I'm assuming that after the license transfer to the new site the old license will still remain active for older versions?

mch
11-30-2017, 09:15 AM
Anyone here know if we can still use previous versions of Lightwave CAD after the license transfer?

I'm assuming that after the license transfer to the new site the old license will still remain active for older versions?

Hi Nicolas !
I just uninstalled LWCAD 5.5 since activation still fails.
So I installed LWCAD 5.2 again and it works like before - so at the moment it seems to work with older versions.

Regards,

Marcus

Oedo 808
11-30-2017, 09:34 AM
...LWCAD 5.5 ... activation still fails...

Same here, I've emailed support, though will be heading off to bed soon.

wingzeta
11-30-2017, 09:50 AM
I was able to update the day it was released with no problem, other than the initial confusion of the transfer license button. Haven't hit any bugs, but haven't done much with it yet. As others have noted Victor is super responsive, so I'm sure he will get things straightened out for everyone. I was late to the world of LWCAD, but love it, and recommend it to all LW users.

Oedo 808
11-30-2017, 10:13 AM
I don't know what went wrong but Viktor deactivated my seat (I'm sure there's a euphemism in there somewhere) and I was able to activate it thereafter.

Nicolas Jordan
11-30-2017, 10:17 AM
I was able to update the day it was released with no problem, other than the initial confusion of the transfer license button. Haven't hit any bugs, but haven't done much with it yet. As others have noted Victor is super responsive, so I'm sure he will get things straightened out for everyone. I was late to the world of LWCAD, but love it, and recommend it to all LW users.

Hopefully LWCAD will begin to gain a loyal user base with C4D and 3DS Max users. They need LWCAD to make their lives easier just as much as Lightwave users do.

TheLexx
11-30-2017, 10:37 AM
The references to 1/1 are confusing me. Can I just ask, because I don't fully understand if it is just the LWCAD website which has changed or if the licencing for LWCAD also changed, maybe a bit like Modo or such ?

mch
11-30-2017, 10:54 AM
The references to 1/1 are confusing me. Can I just ask, because I don't fully understand if it is just the LWCAD website which has changed or if the licencing for LWCAD also changed, maybe a bit like Modo or such ?

Only Viktor can clarify.
I hope that LWCAD is still tied to the host program and a second install on another computer is still possible like with most plug-ins.

Regards,

Marcus

Ma3rk
11-30-2017, 05:43 PM
Quick question: With previous versions, you usually were instructed to performed an uninstall before installing the newest. Just finished watching the video for LWCad 5.5 and Viktor didn't mention doing that this time.

For those who've successfully upgraded, did you uninstall 5.2 first?

MichaelT
11-30-2017, 07:33 PM
Only Viktor can clarify.
I hope that LWCAD is still tied to the host program and a second install on another computer is still possible like with most plug-ins.

Regards,

Marcus

For now.. yes. But with the upcoming 2018 release I would guess not. But only he can answer that. All I can say is that the Activation/Deactivation for C4D works well. I don't like it (I prefer the lock to the license key) but it works.

Ma3rk
11-30-2017, 07:54 PM
Well, the LWCad server must be a bit over taxed. I successfully transferred my licenses & got a new SN, I've requested all numbers be sent to my e-dress, but after several hours nada. Check spam box & they aren't there either. So, perhaps things will calm down by the weekend.

RudySchneider
11-30-2017, 08:17 PM
Downloaded, ran the Windows Installer, started LightWave, and the activation process worked exactly as Viktor showed in the above video. Didn't have to uninstall anything! COOL!

Snosrap
11-30-2017, 09:30 PM
Quick question: With previous versions, you usually were instructed to performed an uninstall before installing the newest. Just finished watching the video for LWCad 5.5 and Viktor didn't mention doing that this time.

No. Just followed the prompts. I even have LWCad 4.51 installed as I prefer the Snap Move of 4.51 over 5.5. See video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1crf5CeOTLM&feature=youtu.be

Nicolas Jordan
11-30-2017, 09:48 PM
No. Just followed the prompts. I even have LWCad 4.51 installed as I prefer the Snap Move of 4.51 over 5.5. See video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1crf5CeOTLM&feature=youtu.be

Interesting, looks like a bug. It would be interesting to know if the Snap Move tool worked properly in 5.2.

gar26lw
11-30-2017, 11:43 PM
i’d use pictrix sp move

Ma3rk
12-01-2017, 05:25 AM

Drat! That still didn't get fixed?

mch
12-01-2017, 10:08 AM
Same here, I've emailed support, though will be heading off to bed soon.

Okay !
Viktor looked into it and found a solution.
So I could activate version 5.5 successfully !

You should have an e-mail from Viktor with the LWCAD 5.5 web activation problem fix right now.
If not - send an e-mail to him (LWCAD Support)

Thank you Viktor !

Regards,

Marcus

TheLexx
12-01-2017, 10:32 AM
For now.. yes. But with the upcoming 2018 release I would guess not. But only he can answer that.

Viktor is very intelligent and very helpful, responding fast, but with English not the first language, I feel extra frustrated (at myself, not him) for not fully understanding what he is trying to tell me. I've bothered him twice and he's been really good, but I don't really want to bother him any more. This is what I have (from Nov 29th, only reproduced here to mutually assist every party):-

(LW LWCAD licence) "old is working and will be working for old licenses couple more years. Miro will be adding some reminders into old page that it is legacy for old licenses. As soon as you upgrade to latest LWCAD, new system transfer your old license to new system and you are on lwcad.com. Today about 300 users transferred license without problem."

"If you have an old license, you can still access is at wtools3d.com. But now you can purchase only latest LWCAD 5.5 with current bundle."

So my understanding is that if one buys LW LWCAD right now from the new site, it is linked to the Lightwave Product Lock and behaves all offline with the LW software, but this will change to an online activate/deactivate model with LWCAD 2018. Anyone feel free to correct or add anything.

:)

Luc_Feri
12-01-2017, 12:27 PM

For me, I uninstalled LWCAD 5.2 first using the new auto-installer. I then installed 5.5 with auto installer and then did the recommended web activation a simple email and serial code.

My serial code is different from the original one I had which was an upgrade code from 4.5 or whatever last version was. This I guess is part of the transfer process from wtools3d to lwcad.com

For a second I thought something was wrong with the behaviour of the tools, then I realised I had texture wire on in the top viewport instead of wireframe, lol. :D

I also have 4.51 still installed in Modeller and they seem to co-exist nicely because I still like some of the older tools also with how they work.

MichaelT
12-01-2017, 12:43 PM
Viktor is very intelligent and very helpful... )

:) As I thought then. Makes sense.. no point in maintaining two licensing methods.

Snosrap
12-01-2017, 04:34 PM
It would be interesting to know if the Snap Move tool worked properly in 5.2.

It does not. :) I reported this to Viktor and here was his reply "It will be fixed with another beta during the week. Thank you for making a video. This is not a mistake, but I understand why you were missing this behavior."

Kudos to Viktor.

gar26lw
12-01-2017, 07:23 PM
lwcad guys are everything lwg is not. yes, kudos.

Markc
12-03-2017, 09:00 AM
Why has the site changed? (for the worst :stumped:), I think the old site is much more user friendly.
It may be useful to include a link on wtools to lwcad site.

Ma3rk
12-03-2017, 11:20 AM
Well, tried to upgrade to 5.5 using the installer and Epic Failure. Just sent Viktor a note on the new site and hopefully get this sorted out soon.

hrgiger
12-03-2017, 11:43 AM
Why has the site changed? (for the worst :stumped:), I think the old site is much more user friendly.
It may be useful to include a link on wtools to lwcad site.

The site changed because when Viktor came out with LWCAD, the domain that he wanted lwcad.com was not available so he put it up as wtools. Just within the last year he was able to get lwcad.com so hes moved to that site. If you dont like the site, let him know what you dont like. Viktor is more open to suggestions than any third party developer i know.

Ma3rk
12-03-2017, 05:17 PM
Woo Hoo! Miro got me up & running.

Turns out that if your Lightwave installation is ANYTHING other than absolutely the "default" install (i.e. to your C:, ) that's considered to be a "Custom" Install and as such the Installer won't work and you must do a manual install instead.

Considering that a large percentage of LW users would fall into that category, I suggested to Miro that they make that little detail a LOT more prominent in the install notes. Will probably save them a few hundred tech support replies.

gar26lw
12-03-2017, 06:59 PM
The site changed because when Viktor came out with LWCAD, the domain that he wanted lwcad.com was not available so he put it up as wtools. Just within the last year he was able to get lwcad.com so hes moved to that site. If you dont like the site, let him know what you dont like. Viktor is more open to suggestions than any third party developer i know.

Viktor is utterly fantastic. It's a pleasure to support his business.

RudySchneider
12-03-2017, 07:20 PM
Woo Hoo! Miro got me up & running.

...if your Lightwave installation is ANYTHING other than absolutely the "default" install (i.e. to your C:, ) that...you must do a manual install instead.

Interesting. My install is not on my C: drive, and I had absolutely no problem.

Ma3rk
12-03-2017, 08:34 PM
Interesting. My install is not on my C: drive, and I had absolutely no problem.

Hmmm. What is your install path then if I may ask?

Mine is simply D:\NewTek\LightWave_2015.3 and have not been able to use the installer method for the past several updates.

RudySchneider
12-04-2017, 09:07 AM
Long ago, I transitioned my OS over to SSD, which is now my C: drive, with VASTLY improved boot time (24 seconds versus 2 minutes-plus)! Then, I put (most) all of my programs on the old hard-drive, which is mapped as G:. And that's where my LW install resides.

Though, I am using the traditional path, G:\Program Files\...

Ma3rk
12-04-2017, 10:46 PM
Long ago, I transitioned my OS over to SSD, which is now my C: drive, with VASTLY improved boot time (24 seconds versus 2 minutes-plus)! Then, I put (most) all of my programs on the old hard-drive, which is mapped as G:. And that's where my LW install resides.

Though, I am using the traditional path, G:\Program Files\...

Interesting. I'm wondering why my install is considered "Custom" then. The only thing I can see is that LWCad wanted to put it's configs info into C:\Users\<User Name>\.NewTek\LightWave\2015.3\configs yet I've used the D:\NewTek\LightWave_2015.3\bin\Configs for years and which has pretty much always been the recommended practice.

I'm not a programmer but have done tons of beta testing over the years & frankly I've always considered it programming arrogance if EVERYTHING related to a programs functioning isn't under the programs base folder. I suspect that now LWCad has expanded to other apps, that this resolves other issues.

In any case, I know now and will take the manual route from here on with LWCad updates.

gamedesign1
12-07-2017, 08:15 AM
Am I doing something wrong with the Circle Primitive in LWCAD? I seem to always get a square when boolean mode is off. Is it a bug or am I missing something?

EDIT: It actually looks like the function that applies a curve or spline is disabled whenever using any of the curve primitives when its in boolean mode. Is everyone else getting the same?

hrgiger
12-07-2017, 09:22 AM
The polygon handler isnt working. Uninstall and reinstall again should be fine.

gamedesign1
12-07-2017, 10:02 AM

That sorted it, thanks for for the suggestion :)

Nicolas Jordan
12-07-2017, 11:30 AM

I have this same problem. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling 3 times. Making sure I shut down Modeler and the Hub every time. Curve mode doesn't work with the line tool and Circle tool is a square etc. Any other suggestions to get this working?

hrgiger
12-07-2017, 12:18 PM
Did you just use the installer? I still do a manual uninstall and install making sure to remove all of the program when I do.

hrgiger
12-07-2017, 02:06 PM
Just uploaded a vid for doing a manual install and uninstall for LWCAD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORT7HSANLrc

Nicolas Jordan
12-07-2017, 02:49 PM
Did you just use the installer? I still do a manual uninstall and install making sure to remove all of the program when I do.

Ya I was using the auto installer. I did a manual install and seem to have it working as expected now.

Signal to Noise
01-01-2018, 05:24 PM
HNY, LW/LWCAD'ers!

I just upgraded to LW2018. I also finally got around to installing LWCAD 5.51 after transferring from W3Tools system to new LWCAD site. I notice the activation is somewhat different. It was touched on earlier in this thread about number of activations and number of available seats. I activated LWCAD on my desktop but also want to have it installed oin my laptop like previous versions of LWCAD. I sent an email to LWCAD Support but figured someone here may already know the answer. Can I activate LWCAD on laptop as well? Or will I have to unactivate on desktop first? I never run LW simultaneously, it's one or the other depending where I am and how much power I need.

Ma3rk
01-01-2018, 09:56 PM
Just uploaded a vid for doing a manual install and uninstall for LWCAD.

Was there ever a definitive answer as to what constitues a "Custom" install?

I've always had to do a manual install since 5.x and when I had issues with the 5.5 update trying the installer & contacted tech support with my particulars, Miro comfirmed that I was in fact custom but didn't go into details. Others have mentioned though that they'd installed onto something other than the system drive & were able to use the installer w/o problem.

Signal to Noise
01-02-2018, 12:18 AM
^
With past LWCAD versions I had to manually install them too. I have LW installed on the "D:" drive which is a dedicated SSD for CAD/3D applications. LWCAD 5.51's auto installer found the LW directory without issue and it installed successfully. Just had to close/exit LW & LW Hub on two occasions during the install routine. No manual intervention required.

Signal to Noise
01-02-2018, 02:41 PM

Can I activate LWCAD on laptop as well? Or will I have to unactivate on desktop first? I never run LW simultaneously, it's one or the other depending where I am and how much power I need.

Just got a reply from Viktor. Since LWCAD activation is tied to LW node lock then it can be installed/activated on multiple systems using same LW license. So same as previous versions which is a relief.

TheLexx
01-02-2018, 04:41 PM
Just got a reply from Viktor. Since LWCAD activation is tied to LW node lock then it can be installed/activated on multiple systems using same LW license. So same as previous versions which is a relief.

So no server jiggery-pokery, it simply goes where your Lightwave goes ? That would be a relief (though I think this will change when LWCAD 2018 releases around March).

OlaHaldor
01-04-2018, 02:34 AM
I'm having an issue I've never seen before.
My product lock on the lw3d website starts with 16xxx, while the one noted in the LWCAD License tool is 82xxx

I'm using LW 2015.

I was just about to install LWCAD at work, and for some reason I can't access lwcad.com, so the auto activation doesn't work. Thus manual activation through my phone could be an option I thought.. But since the product lock numbers differ I can't activate at work. :/

Anyone got any tips?

gar26lw
01-04-2018, 02:42 AM
could be that the serial is for x32 and now you are on x64

OlaHaldor
01-04-2018, 02:51 AM
I'm using 64-bit both at home and at work, and have used the same LWK file from the lightwave3d.com download page.

gerry_g
01-04-2018, 03:27 AM
Is it because the LWCad web site has moved and you manually have to convert you old serial number on the site itself now by going here and logging in to you account and then copying and pasting in your old number and requesting a conversion _ http://www.lwcad.com/html/main/new.php?video=lwcad_5_5_lw

OlaHaldor
01-04-2018, 12:27 PM
It didn't work. It says the upgrade license is not valid.. I'll contact LWCAD support. -_-

gjjackson
01-04-2018, 03:54 PM
When I first tried the copy it didn't work. I noticed the highlight and copy included a space, which is what caused it to be invalid. After deleting the space it worked fine.

TSpyrison
01-31-2018, 11:19 AM
I just upgraded from 4.5 to 5.51.

Trying to use the "touch curve" to edit a curve, but I can't seem to get it to work. I just get new curves..
What the hell am I doing wrong?