PDA

View Full Version : LWCAD on sale??

Schwyhart
11-26-2017, 09:08 AM
I thought the original price was $350 or something.
Now it's $299. Is this a secret sale? I haven't see any ads for it.

gar26lw
11-26-2017, 01:14 PM
remember when worley reduced prices? do a search and read peoples thoughts, then look whhat happened.

Ma3rk
11-26-2017, 10:46 PM
I thought the original price was $350 or something.
Now it's $299. Is this a secret sale? I haven't see any ads for it.

Ya might wants to clean the glasses. It's 299 Eu., not $$$.

Schwyhart
11-27-2017, 09:29 PM
Doh

gar26lw
11-28-2017, 04:23 AM
well i’m glad of that

Marander
11-28-2017, 08:50 AM
FYI - LWCAD 5.5 was just released and now there is a great promotion from Viktor:

http://www.lwcad.com/html/buy/resellers.php?event=newsletter_lw_201712_bundlebuy

rustythe1
11-28-2017, 10:48 AM
FYI - LWCAD 5.5 was just released and now there is a great promotion from Viktor:

http://www.lwcad.com/html/buy/resellers.php?event=newsletter_lw_201712_bundlebuy

yea, had the email, (maybe he knows something most other people do not :) ) and look at the naming, can you read too much into it?

Nicolas Jordan
11-28-2017, 11:01 AM

Ya just got that email this morning! I'm still using LWCAD 4.x but this looks like it might be a great time to upgrade to 5.5 and get 2018 included when it's released!

hrgiger
11-28-2017, 11:07 AM
yea, had the email, (maybe he knows something most other people do not :) ) and look at the naming, can you read too much into it?

It just means the 2018 version of LWCAD. Dont read anything else into it. You know LWCAD is also for Max and C4D?

gar26lw
11-28-2017, 02:08 PM
so its march 2018 then.

MichaelT
11-28-2017, 03:11 PM
Victor should update the docs though... it says the license works on all platforms (meaning apps) under one license. Or it used to at least. It doesn't now. Not that I particularly mind.. but it is confusing as it stands now in the docs. Buying from the site says differently as the apps are separated.

W-Tools
11-28-2017, 05:19 PM
to Nicolas Jordan : When you'll be upgrading please let me know if you will have any problems to understand how to do it. Some people have a problem with new upgrade system so any feedback helps.
to MichaelT : please point me on that section

Guys if you find any problem with new LWCAD and new lwcad.com site, please use support and let us know.
Or if you don't like anything, tell us. I am not NT, I am listening users.
We did a lot of changes recently, licensing system was moved from wtools3d.com into new lwcad.com
Also we unified all tree LWCAD platforms into single installer.
Some errors might happen. So if you report it we can fix it immidiatelly.

Thanks!
Viktor

Carm3D
11-28-2017, 05:33 PM
Ohhhhhh GRID-SNAP!

MichaelT
11-28-2017, 07:09 PM
to Nicolas Jordan : When you'll be upgrading please let me know if you will have any problems to understand how to do it. Some people have a problem with new upgrade system so any feedback helps.
to MichaelT : please point me on that section

Guys if you find any problem with new LWCAD and new lwcad.com site, please use support and let us know.
Or if you don't like anything, tell us. I am not NT, I am listening users.
We did a lot of changes recently, licensing system was moved from wtools3d.com into new lwcad.com
Also we unified all tree LWCAD platforms into single installer.
Some errors might happen. So if you report it we can fix it immidiatelly.

Thanks!
Viktor

It's here:

https://sites.google.com/site/wtools3d/lwcad-5-x-cinema-4d-3dsmax/2-installation/4-licensing

Single seat commercial license (one seat).
Single seat license can be used on multiple computers and multiple platforms, but it is limited to be used by single user at the time.

The reasons things are a bit confusing, stems from this:

(https://sites.google.com/site/wtools3d/lwcad-5-x-cinema-4d-3dsmax/4-platform-specifics)
"
Platform specifics (identical functionality)

Following application features which are used in LwCad are identical in all 3D applications, but they have sometime different name and location.
"

Because a bit higher up, it says platforms & applications. But here it suggests platforms are applications. Specifically in the context of "Platform specifics (identical functionality)"
While I'm sure that is not what you mean, but rather identical functionality between applications. And that platforms are Windows, Mac etc.. It may be confusing. Especially if the docs aren't read as thoroughly.

Just a reflection :)

Marander
11-28-2017, 10:33 PM
LWCAD 5.5 became a great plugin. What I really like is that they keep LWCAD objects parametric. This allows an efficient workflow and opens a whole range of possibilities. And the new palette and Object Manager integration looks nice.

https://sites.google.com/site/wtools3d/lwcad-5-x-cinema-4d-3dsmax/4-platform-specifics

3. Parametric object*is an interactive object with editable parameters. Parameters can be adjusted via Numeric Panel.

All LwCad primitives are parametric objects and are based on Object plugin types in both 3dsMax and Cinema 4D.

jwiede
11-30-2017, 10:09 AM
Yeah, I'm really enjoying LWCAD in C4D, they did a great job with the integration. Having LWCAD in C4D also removes one of the last reasons I had to endure LW Modeler. I'd really like to see LWCAD for MODO, together with MODO's procedural system it'd be fantastic.

OlaHaldor
11-30-2017, 04:37 PM
LWCAD 5.5 purchased an installed. I couldn't resist.

Yeah!! LWCAD in Modo would rock! I've asked for it, but Victor is too busy with the other two..

jeric_synergy
11-30-2017, 04:57 PM
Does LWCad/LW differ significantly from LWCad/C4D?

OlaHaldor
11-30-2017, 05:45 PM
Watch this and decide your faith.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbmvBFXixog

jasonwestmas
11-30-2017, 06:03 PM
Yeah, I'm really enjoying LWCAD in C4D, they did a great job with the integration. Having LWCAD in C4D also removes one of the last reasons I had to endure LW Modeler. I'd really like to see LWCAD for MODO, together with MODO's procedural system it'd be fantastic.

+10

MichaelT
11-30-2017, 08:28 PM

Well, If you plan on using edge to stair I think you'll have to endure it a bit longer ;) (I don't think it is in C4D yet)

hrgiger
11-30-2017, 10:08 PM

+10 more

Marander
11-30-2017, 11:23 PM
Does LWCad/LW differ significantly from LWCad/C4D?

Yes it does because in C4D / Max it's parametric, in LW destructive.

In C4D there are objects (Walls, WinDoors etc), in LW polygons. The LWCAD objects work very well with other objects.

Feature wise there are more tools in LW (that are simply not required in the others in my opinion).

jeric_synergy
11-30-2017, 11:48 PM
Yes it does because in C4D / Max it's parametric, in LW destructive.

In C4D there are objects (Walls, WinDoors etc), in LW polygons. The LWCAD objects work very well with other objects.

Feature wise there are more tools in LW (that are simply not required in the others in my opinion).

I don't know LWCad/LW, and had the impression it maintained some form of parametricalaizationosityesquednesss in some of its entities.

Marander
12-01-2017, 12:32 AM
I don't know LWCad/LW, and had the impression it maintained some form of parametricalaizationosityesquednesss in some of its entities.

There are no entities / objects in LW, only Points, Edges, Polys, Lights and Cameras. Therefore it can't work in my opinion. Except all data is stored within the plugin which doesn't make sense in case of LWCAD.

colkai
12-01-2017, 02:26 AM
LWCAD just goes from strength to strength, congrats Viktor on another amazing update.

hrgiger
12-01-2017, 06:24 AM

One problem comes in things like Booleans which is a major function of LWCAD are destructive in LW. Its one of the problems in my creating presets for LWCAD. I can make square windows and round windows(or any shape really defined with a curve/line). When you add a window into a wall in LWCAD, it uses Booleans to cut out the shape for window. If you LWCAD's instancing system which allows you to replace your window with a different preset later, if you add a square window and wish to add a round window in that spot later, it won't work because the original preset already cut a square shape into the wall and there's no undoing that in LW because there is no history or stack to call on. You'll end up with a square hole surrounding a round window.

A shoddy example but serves the purpose.