PDA

View Full Version : Iss camera replication

wrightyp100
11-23-2017, 08:13 AM
Hello folks. Its been a while. Is this possible?

I would like to create two seperate cameras within light wave to match the ones on the International space station.

2000mm with FOV 0.35 degrees

200mm with FOV of 3.5 degrees.

I can't seem to alter Focal length without it altering the FOV and vice versa.

Is there a way to do it? This is literally to prove a point to someone that i fear is now trying my patience.

Any help will be met with profound appreciation.

Paul

Gungho3D
11-24-2017, 12:22 AM
You may want to check exactly what the ISS camera screen aspect ratios are, as this also has bearing on the whole FOV / Focal Length outcome.

E.g. you can see for yourself that for any LW camera, once you start changing the camera aspect ratio (say go from 800x600 to 800x400), this immediately affects the FOV value.

Get those three matched (Focal length + FOV + screen aspect ratio), and you should have the virtual replica you're looking for.

wrightyp100
11-24-2017, 01:01 AM
You may want to check exactly what the ISS camera screen aspect ratios are, as this also has bearing on the whole FOV / Focal Length outcome.

E.g. you can see for yourself that for any LW camera, once you start changing the camera aspect ratio (say go from 800x600 to 800x400), this immediately affects the FOV value.

Get those three matched (Focal length + FOV + screen aspect ratio), and you should have the virtual replica you're looking for.

Ahhhh, I didn't think the aspect would matter. But theta makes sense. The specs are put in are (apparently) the real specs. The person in question sent them with a screen cap in the google search. So I've taken them on good faith. Cheers.

wrightyp100
11-24-2017, 02:09 AM
The whole thing is that a flat earther has claimed this image proves the earth is flat.

I wanted to replicate the picture. Not with all the silhouette etc just the positions etc and with the correct camera set up with regards to FOV, focal length and that. It won't matter of course. I just can't resist a fight for some reason.

scallahan1
11-24-2017, 07:41 AM
I think the flat earthers are really true space geeks that are using the argument to try and get a free ride into space without paying for it. I mean, who could possibly believe such nonsense? LOL! :)

EDIT: That is an epic photo!

shrox
11-24-2017, 08:11 AM
The whole thing is that a flat earther has claimed this image proves the earth is flat.

I wanted to replicate the picture. Not with all the silhouette etc just the positions etc and with the correct camera set up with regards to FOV, focal length and that. It won't matter of course. I just can't resist a fight for some reason.

That pic just proves the Earth is far bigger than they can understand.

wrightyp100
11-24-2017, 10:30 AM
In the interests of fairness I did model them a to scale (or what I believe the azimuth dimensions to be) flat earth.138669

The camera is 400km up.

JamesCurtis
12-01-2017, 11:33 PM
Not wanting to derail this discussion from its ISS query, but I have a friend who very recently did a very good explanation of debunking the Flat Earth Theory using LW and animation to do it.

Here is the link to it:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MG-G4G4vdPg&feature=youtu.be

Check it out!

scallahan1
12-02-2017, 08:13 PM
That debunking was the finest I've seen. Excellent work. Should check back in a few days once the Flat Earthers chimp out on it. Should be a laugh-fest. :)

wrightyp100
12-11-2017, 06:48 AM
Not wanting to derail this discussion from its ISS query, but I have a friend who very recently did a very good explanation of debunking the Flat Earth Theory using LW and animation to do it.

Here is the link to it:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MG-G4G4vdPg&feature=youtu.be

Check it out!

This is exactly what I did! Except your friend's earth is better than mine. I was accused of working for NASA.