PDA

View Full Version : NC1 I/O genlock not implemented ?

videogotz
11-19-2017, 09:30 AM
Hi,

We have an NC1 I/O rack in our equipment list in our main video studio.
The NC1 has been plugged to a ROSS 64x64 and should work as described with all our equipments and bring more inputs from NDI sources.
Unfortunately we have a sync/clock issue due to the lack of genlock.

Does Genlock over the mini sdi inputs of the NC1 is implemented ?
How can we use it ?

This is a very strong problem as the rack is supposed to be the in/out door of NDI in our main broadcast facility.

Thanks

kanep
11-19-2017, 09:38 AM
The genlock is currently not implemented on the NC1 IO. However, even if was it would have no affect over the SDI inputs on the unit. Genlock affects outputs, perhaps that is what you mean, but wanted to make sure. I know that genlock support on the NC1 IO has been requested, but I do not know what the plans for it are.

videogotz
11-21-2017, 03:09 AM
The genlock is currently not implemented on the NC1 IO. However, even if was it would have no affect over the SDI inputs on the unit. Genlock affects outputs, perhaps that is what you mean, but wanted to make sure. I know that genlock support on the NC1 IO has been requested, but I do not know what the plans for it are.

Thanks for your answer. You confirm that the module can't receive a genlock so you can't redirect an Ndi source thrue the matrix to an input in the Kahuna...very sad news and I hope we will soon have an update.

One more question : is it implemented in the Out only module ?

kanep
11-21-2017, 09:56 PM
The Output Module (now called the 'IP Series Expansion Module') does have genlock that is active.

videogotz
11-22-2017, 04:25 AM
Please implement asap ;-)

I wish we bought the out module because we are really blocked

Have a nice day